+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I also find it easy given most of our friends live sin.
    DH and I went to Catholic Schools - no such luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I must also say that even though DH and I had lived together for three years before we were married, we got no "useless" gifts - I love and use all of them still 10 years later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loathe! Why should wedding guests have to pay for your honeymoon or landscaping? You wouldn't ask for money at a funeral instead of flowers!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spotdog For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (16-04-2014),Clementine Grace  (15-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I must also say that even though DH and I had lived together for three years before we were married, we got no "useless" gifts - I love and use all of them still 10 years later!
    Yes same here. I was devastated that I recently noticed my glass salad bowl that I have used for 12 years was chipped we've used pretty much everything we got.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Loathe them but at the same time i have no problems contributing to friends honeymoon/house account. I just find a bunch of cold, hard cash impersonal and people usually give much more than they can afford.

I totally get the whole being set up when you get married so you don't need anything, in that case i'd prefer to just not ask for gifts. Horses for courses but i really find them impersonal and i'd never have one. I'd much rather a quirky vase that becomes a memory 20 years later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't care but I usually buy a present because I hate handing over cash

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Love them - so much easier than trying to find a perfect gift plus most weddings I've been to recently the bride and groom already live together so have just about everything they need !

I am fussy with accepting invitations though , if I don't know them very well I will decline , ( family I've never declined but friends of friends or clients I'm not close with I often do decline ) I know so many people who complain about going to weddings/showers etc and buying outfits and presents - if you really are not excited to go or can't afford to then don't go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very indifferent to them. I don't mind contributing to them but will buy a gift if I have a great idea for the bride and groom.
    We recently went to a wishing well engagement party but bought presents anyway because they don't live together yet and had some ideas for a gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Love them - so much easier than trying to find a perfect gift plus most weddings I've been to recently the bride and groom already live together so have just about everything they need !

I am fussy with accepting invitations though , if I don't know them very well I will decline , ( family I've never declined but friends of friends or clients I'm not close with I often do decline ) I know so many people who complain about going to weddings/showers etc and buying outfits and presents - if you really are not excited to go or can't afford to then don't go
    We are like this. We have declined many a wedding when they aren't great friends. Sometimes my hubby has gone to bucks shows and weeks when he is friends of the groom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Absolutely agree. I wouldn't like to think people would my wedding out of obligation when they really didn't want to.