+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber4304 View Post
    I have a one year old and work full time. I love my job but I do find that I sometimes feel resentful that I have to work full time and don't get as much time with DS as I'd like.

On the bright side, I'm really really looking forward to the long weekend. I feel that the time we do spend together is better quality than if I was at home full time.
    I agree Amber. I only work 2 days now and found when I worked full time that the time I spent with my kids was really positive and joyful. When I work less I get more easily exhausted by the kids and there's more housework with the kids trashing the house everyday.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy working only 2 days. I'm just saying that I don't think working mothers miss out on as much as they think. :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am returning to work full-time soon. I am tired of not being able to afford stuff I need. I'll be much better off financially and will be able to have a better life. DS will go to daycare in the city too. Big change for us! Suburbia to City living again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    I agree Amber. I only work 2 days now and found when I worked full time that the time I spent with my kids was really positive and joyful. When I work less I get more easily exhausted by the kids and there's more housework with the kids trashing the house everyday.-)
    its like a vicious cycle! I'm finding it very monotonous at this point... And I only have one child! But in saying that, if I could earn a lot just working PT I would choose that over FT, better balance plus I'm studying too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (17-04-2014)