+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't worked since having DS1 3 years ago. We have DS2 (22 months) now as well. DH's parents have always worked full time so it was important to him that one of us stays at home with the kids. I'd love #3 😁. We don't need my wage (just yet!) plus 95% of it would be going to daycare if I worked full time. I do Tupperware so help out where I can & am thinking of ways to work from home for the future. So far I do LOVE being a SAHM 😊.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im a full time sahm. Dd has just turned 2 and #2 is due in october. We always planned before we got pregnant that I would remain at home until school age.

It was also not economical for me to return to my previous job between travel time/cost and daycare anyway.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I'm a full time sahm with one child. Its taking its toll now as Dh is unhappy in his job and is struggling to find an alternative with the same salary/benefits. I don't want to put DS in full time care ( I miss him when he's at kindy 2 days) and part time jobs are like gold dust. Doesn't help that we live in Sydney too, which is quickly becoming unaffordable! Sorry, vent over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a DS aged 4. I am in the office 5 days/week (2 for work, 3 for research) so basically full-time. DS goes to preschool 3days/week and minded by family 2 days/week. DS is going great with that balance, I'd love to only be in the office 4 days but it's not possible atm. DH works full-time but the pay isn't great. Don't think I would handle being a SAHM both financially and sanity wise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 4 yo ds and 12 month old dd and have just returned to work from maternity leave to permanent part time 32 hours a fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 3 yr old dd and a 4 yr old ds. I have been a reluctant SAHM for the last 5 years. Pre motherhood I had a career that meant a lot of overseas travel and nights away from home so it wasn't really possible to go back once the babies came along. I tried to go back to work when the kids were 1 and 2 yrs old but I couldn't cope with the nights away from them and I was also was still recovering from anxiety and PND and not really "stable" enough.

Thankfully dh earns enough that I don't really have to work, however I am unhappy being a SAHM and want to work. Its important to me that I set a good example for my dd. I'm now studying to be a nurse...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have one 1yo and work full time.

I love it and feel like I have it all, my work hours are extremely flexible, I can spend 3-4 hours of awoken time with DS while keeping up with my career

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 DDs, one is 19 months, the other is almost 4 months I'm a stay at home mum and probably will be for a very long time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i work unfortunately. I wouldn't mind so much if i somewhat enjoyed my job. But id much rather be a sahm. At least i only work part time so i should be grateful of that. 3 full days i find very tiring though, especially now that i am pregnant again. Day care is so damn expensive though.

After #2 i am going to find a part time night job. There is no way we can afford both kids in childcare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a one year old and work full time. I love my job but I do find that I sometimes feel resentful that I have to work full time and don't get as much time with DS as I'd like.

On the bright side, I'm really really looking forward to the long weekend. I feel that the time we do spend together is better quality than if I was at home full time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber4304 For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (17-04-2014)