+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work full time and have a 4 year old with another one on the way. I was a sole parent with DS and went back to work when he was about a year old. This bub, I will be back at work full time after about six months off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 2.5 yr old DS and and pregnant with #2. I work three days a week in disability and aged home care. Am planning on just working evening nights and weekends after #2 is born so #2 can stay out of Childcare until they are one. I love my job, it's not the highest paying in the world but it's rewarding and I work for a not for profit so I take advantage of salary packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub appw

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 4.5 yr old, 14mnth old and #3 on the way.
    I worked 2d a week until I had ds2 which is when we moved to over an hour away from my job.
    I've been a SAHM ever since but we run a landscaping business so I do the invoicing, wages, bills, organising for the tax stuff etc
    I recently got offered a job but it's just too hard with the hours and we aren't really keen on daycare.
    So it's easier for me to be at home until something suitable for our family comes up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 3 children, 4y4m, 2y9m & 11m

I returned to work part time for 3 full days (Mon-Wed) when my first was 7 months, my second was 7 months, and my third was 10 months (just returned a few weeks ago).

My kids go to daycare for those 3 days as my husband works full time from very early to very late and there's no one else to watch them. They enjoy daycare and it hasn't had any negative effect on them.

In saying all that, I personally hate it. If I had a choice not to work I would be taking it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and did not return to work after my most recent maternity leave so that makes me a SAHM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an almost 4year old. DP works fulltime leaving at 5am-ish and returning at 6pm-ish.

I returned to full time work when DS was 6 months old but i've only ever worked 9am-3pm hours since returning, and I've changed workplaces since too. That is the key for me. I wouldnt be able to do the 8.30-5pm anymore. Also, having a SUPER understanding and flexible boss/workplace makes it all so easy for me. If i need a day off - no problem, kid sick - no problem, need to pick DS up early - no problem, need to bring DS in to finish something off - no problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am a single Mum with 1 DS (8). I try not to work but I'm on the pay role for a full time position!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, I haven't worked since my first was born in 2008. I will be looking for part time work next year (youngest starts school), and I. can. not. wait.!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I work full time and have one child who is 3.

I returned to work when DS was still quite young (4.5 months old). I have a great job and I would have had rocks in my head to not return to it. It would be near impossible to find a similar job with the same pay and conditions. I'm proud to be a provider for family.

My DH looks after DS during the day. DH works casually nights/weekends to supplement our income, though his shifts are few and far between these days so he's almost a full time SAHD.

DH doesn't feel ready to let DS go to day care yet, so our current arrangement will stand until DS is a bit older. At this stage we're thinking of sending DH back into the full time workforce next year. Ideally I'll be able to drop down to 4 days a week and maybe secure my mum for babysitting 1 day a week. That would leave DS in care 3 days per week. We'll see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work outside the house 3 days during the week and a half day on the weekend. I also do catering from home. The kids are in daycare 3 days.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.