+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine are 6 & 3 and I'm a SAHM. Child care costs make it pointless to go back to work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CocktailBubba For This Useful Post:

tubster  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I am a single parent of a 6 and 5 yr old. I study full time and until a few weeks ago also worked part time. I signed an employment contract to start working full time a few weeks ago in a fed gov job. Now just waiting for HR to sort out all their side so I have a starting date. Next uni semester I will go part time to cope.

I have a very supportive partner that lives the next suburb over.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

tubster  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I have one dd aged 3 years. I work full time with varied shifts between 6am and 6 pm. I would love a four day week but we need the $$$
    I may work four days a week, but as a school teacher, with the amount of stuff we do for work out of hours, it may as well be 5 days. I tend to spend a lot of evenings doing schoolwork, and sometimes have to work Sunday afternoons to get stuff ready for school. I know those teachers who are full time do far more out of hours so glad I have that extra day...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have 2 children-a 2 year old and an almost 1 year old.

I took a voluntary redundancy while I was on maternity leave for DS2 from my job that I had worked for the past 3.5 years. As long as we can financially cope with one income, I have no plans to go back to work until the kids start school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have one 3.5 year old and work approx 3 days. (Times/days/hours vary depending how many properties I have) in real estate sales - I was a SAHM for 3 years and only went back to work because they needed me and to pay for DS school fees !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two children, dd 6yrs n ds 22mths. I work shift work. I am employed as causal and can work up to 38hrs a week. Thou I usually work between 25-32hrs a week. My dh is a shift worker too and we work around each other.

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    1 DD, 18 months. Technically I do casual work, available 3 days a week, but I only had a few days work this term (relief teaching). Started back at the beginning of the year, when DD was 16 months.

I'm currently trying to figure out whether to try for more relief work in other schools or do open uni study to get into something different. Ideally I'd love a part time job with no take home work, but have no idea how to go about that right now.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd is 4 and I work full time, as does dh. I am rubbish at juggling work, house, parenting etc so my house is a shambles, I look about 100 but my dd is happy and thriving at day care.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just one DS who is 2.5 and I work Monday-Thursday 9-10 hour days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds is 7,Dd is 6mths.i worked full time from when ds was 1 through to mat leave with dd.
    I just started back working weekends so I can still spend most of my time with the kids and helping at school but also contribute to the household income without it all being zapped away in day care fees.