+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Um, that's not ok. In any circumstance. Ever.
    Agreed. I would have been horrified and unable to hide it, I also wouldn't have accepted the ride without her bringing baby along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    That's awful. I agonised about going to the letter box when Jasper was a baby! I don't know how anyone could think that was okay. I don't even know that I could remain friends with someone who thought that was okay, even though it wasn't her child because I don't think I'd be able to relate to someone if they thought that was "balance".
    Me too, it was hard enough deciding to take a shower when my baby was asleep in her cot. I would end up wheeling her in her pram or bassinet the into the bathroom while I had a shower just to be sure I heard her if she woke up. I'm sick of the line baby didn't take over my life. Honestly all I really hear when people say that is - selfish and wonder why they had kids if all they really seem to them is a potential threat to their independence or travel itinerary and at best a cute accessory. I don't think anyone ever said having a baby was easy it shouldn't come as some big surprise to know that you're not supposed to leave a helpless infant alone. Shame on her mother for not telling her to take the baby with her.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Shocked. I'm pretty sure its illegal as well and I certainly wouldn't do it and make sure anyone I know that does it knows its illegal....

Having said that, I have mowed the lawn when the babies were asleep and worked in the garden once which was as close as Ive come to leaving them (and in all honesty I would of found it hard to hear them over the noise of the lawn mower if they woke which was definatly negligent of me even though I checked on them every 2 mins or so and they usually slept at least 2 hours, but I had a house inspection and we were desperate for the sale and dh was working away).

However I know my mum used to do it when I was a baby. In fact one of my earliest memories is waking up and finding my mum wasn't at home (she had ducked down the shop to get something). It was quite traumatic for me and I remember sitting on the steps and crying until she came home.
    Just a disclaimer... yeah I still remember it to this day so it must have traumatised me.

My mum did quite a few irresponsible things when I was a baby that now I have my own kids just blow me away but it was the 70's, she was young and things were different back then.

I used to be angry but Ive long forgiven her.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

MrsJoey  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow! There are so many circumstances where that 25min could have been longer. Roadworks, car accident, car broken down etc. What
    if the house caught fire, someone broke in. Ugh! Just no!

When you have a 1yr old, your life does revolve around them. End of! You want to have a night off, get a babysitter.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (15-04-2014),MINIRoo  (15-04-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    just gobsmacked that anyone would think this was ok. And not only one person who did it ... but her friend too

Not. Ok. EVER.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm shocked that so many of your friends seem to think it's ok. I wouldn't be able to associate with people like that.
    I don't even like leaving my baby alone in the house while I go out and hang the washing. And our washing line is right outside his bedroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

The thoughts of closing a door and leaving my children alone actually makes my stomach flip.
    Where are her mothering instincts?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (15-04-2014),Gracie's Mum  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've left a baby asleep in the house while walking downstairs to put out a rubbish bin. 25 minute drive each way? That's crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    No way in heck!!!

♥me & he = ds 17/9/13♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    Oh wow! There are so many circumstances where that 25min could have been longer. Roadworks, car accident, car broken down etc. What
    if the house caught fire, someone broke in. Ugh! Just no!

When you have a 1yr old, your life does revolve around them. End of! You want to have a night off, get a babysitter.
    This ^^^^x1000.

Just recently there was an incident close to where I live where a mother went to the shop and left her baby home alone. The house caught fire and a stranger went in and saved the baby.

The outcome could have been tragic.

Not to mention that a perfect stranger risked their own life to save a child because it's own parent was too lazy to take it to the shops with them.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (15-04-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast