+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    you can change the direct debit. Talk to your bank and cancel the authority for them to take the money out.

Then just pay by cheque.

it is so stressful.

Yeah i thought that myself tbh ... they're probably just being difficult by saying we can't. I seem to always be worrying about rocking the boat, but maybe i need to just get over that.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    dont get me wrong - they will not be happy.

It may be part of your childcare agreement with them that it is by direct debit ... but it would be unusual to be so (only if you have had issues with unpaid fees in the past)

Personally, if you are finding that there are repercussions for speaking to them about a discrepancy over fees - I would be looking around for another child care centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would be cancelling the direct debit and searching for another CC if it were me. It's not about $50, it's about the Manager's inability to recognise fault and treat customers with respect.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (15-04-2014),made2bAmummy  (15-04-2014),MINIRoo  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    dont get me wrong - they will not be happy.

It may be part of your childcare agreement with them that it is by direct debit ... but it would be unusual to be so (only if you have had issues with unpaid fees in the past)

Personally, if you are finding that there are repercussions for speaking to them about a discrepancy over fees - I would be looking around for another child care centre.
    Yeah nah no issues with payments in the past from our end, we have only been with them for about 6 months and its been direct debit from the beginning. I went with that because i felt it would be easier. LOL. Im an idiot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I would be cancelling the direct debit and searching for another CC if it were me. It's not about $50, it's about the Manager's inability to recognise fault and treat customers with respect.
    Yeah for DH to get as angry as he did ... she definitely went about it all wrong with him. He is usually so placid and friendly towards other women, he never yells at them.... but for the first time ever he completely cracked it because she was being so incredibly pig headed. DH is very good at his maths, he runs a warehouse that builds trucks, so he knows how to keep on top of things so dealing with her just completely infuriated him and broke his brain.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    its certainly not a good sign that someone in charge of a child care centre cannot manage a simple dispute resolution. What do they teach the children about how to deal with stuff?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I had the same thing happen at a centre I used. The director couldn't explain where the extra money I apparently owed came from, she just knew that I did owe it as it was on the statement
    I paid the exact amount due every week and yet I still ended up in arrears. I probably should have taken it further but instead I just paid what I apparently owed and took DS out of the centre.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had something similar happen at our center. We did direct debit and on three occasions they took out over $300 too much. The difference was the director was so good and apologetic about it. We cancelled the direct debit and now b pay it. She still follows up with me every now and then that there is no further issues. Attitude can really make or break these situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub appw

Thanks
    Reviews
    So DH called the manager up this morning and requested we get the direct debit removed, and we will just pay over the counter with eftpos each week. She was very short with him, she said "Yep. Done" and that was that. I don't trust her though, so i called up our bank and had the direct debit cancelled from our end and they will be sent a letter being advised its been cancelled from our end. So im sure she wont be impressed with that, but ah well.

For now on they will have to do the right thing and inform us of any additional charges before we pay. Instead of them just taking it, not explaining whats going on, and telling us to suck it up basically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like this is a common thing with these child care centers.