+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did your baby sleep better or worse at 12 months?

Hi ladies....

As the title states we are coming up to 12 months and a pretty terrible sleeper at night, waking anywhere from 1 - 6 times. How did/does your bub sleep at night at this age? Did something change and slept better or worse or same?

Tia x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD actually slept a bit worse at that age, but she has never been a great sleeper before that and we had gotten in to some habits where the wrong kinda of sleep associations were becoming counter productive ie feeding to sleep.

The best thing we did was stop feeding to sleep and also night weaned. Along with a little professional help (mother baby unit) at 14 months things got a lot easier. Just wanted to say there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Got much better with both girls 13-14 mths.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Worse. I think because I went back to work so we had to start a new routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Better. As they got older they slept better and better. I'm all for routine though, started it at 6 months so even when I went back to work nothing changed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 12 months ds was probably doing the same. Was only really a couple months ago (he is almost 18 months now) he reduced consistently down to once a night instead unless sick.

What helped us was dh started trying to settle him with water. And we even started putting him to bed with a no spill straw cup of water because it helped him be put into bed without chucking a tanty.

Well the wake ups reduced at the same time as the water so I assume this helped but really it could have just been a coincidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    DS1 started sleeping well at 11 months but that was only after a visit to sleep school. Finally started doing 7-7 when he was weaned at 15 months.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember ds went through a horrid stage at 12 months but he was a pretty bad sleeper till 14 months at least.

DD was great at 12 months - slept through most nights since 8 months old.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS only started sleeping through at 14 months when I night weaned him. After a couple of nights of offering him water instead of a breastfeed, he gave up on demanding room service and started sleeping through. He's almost 2.5 now and I'm still up to him at least once a night, several times a week. But I still get up to my 4 and almost 6 yr old more than I'd like too. Last week I had 3 nights of uninterrupted sleep- it was a miracle!