+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ours is $300 and I haven't paid it yet - meaning too. I'm a bit slack as I was on the school board and I know they have a half million $ slush fund so paying $300 to add to it peeves me a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    OP you don't need to call the school and explain anything. What state are you in? It is definitely voluntary. Our school has started sending accounts to parents that are intended to serve as reminders. They are not accounts. You don't need to explain yourself (unless of course you want to)

I actually received an account even though we'd paid it. I was pretty peeved as they then asked me for proof. Turns out the agent that had collected the payment (we pay as part of the book list) had stuffed up and about 25 families were incorrectly sent reminders.

Just ignore it if it embarrasses you. I'm actually going to recommend our school stops sending them.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (14-04-2014),OurLittleBlessing  (14-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in nsw, ours is $120 per child per year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (14-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    I'm in nsw, ours is $120 per child per year.
    Don't stress. I was on the committee at school that decided to send these accounts and now that I've actually received one they aren't very pleasant.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (14-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in Vic and ours is almost $300 per child, but there is no book list so that includes supplies (we don't even send a pencil case)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Our sends us notices all the time.

I pretty much never actually go into the school - I drop off on the way to work, and then pick her up from after school care (so office is shut by that time) later on/DP picks her up from there. The thing is, I would pay... I just haven't because they require cheque or cash. I can't go in and pay in cash... and I'm not stuffing around with a cheque. Until they give me alternate options, and until I can go into school and do it, it's not getting paid, no matter how many letters they send me demanding it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is public and has a online payment option and then receipts are sent out via the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes because I love our school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is $250 per year. We have yet to pay ours (the notice sat on the noticeboard unnoticed!), and we too received a reminder account in the mail. I felt embarrassed about it. I thought public school fees were voluntary anyway? Not that we won't pay it, because we will, but now that we have received an 'account', we feel obliged to pay for the voluntary contribution. I understand how important it is for public schools to have support from families.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I pay it but only because we can afford it.

My sons school sends out letters reminding parents, and go on about how its to cover air con because its the only public school in the area with air conditioning through out the whole school - yet I pick my kid up on a day where its 35 degrees and he walks out of his class sweating like crazy cos the teacher only had the fans on, not the air con and my poor kid was sweltering. FWP sure but if you're going to send all the parents letters citing the air con as the reason we should pay the contribution, then bloody well turn it on!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

donza28  (15-04-2014)