+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    Last party I got invited to was something like essential oils or linen or candles or something rubbish like that.
    My response:
    "Thanks for the invite but it's not really my kinda thing - hope you have fun!"
    Easy, honest and to the point!
    This is what I say too Usually that's enough, sometimes I get asked what I mean, sometimes I get a funny look like I've two heads. I don't really care, anyone who knows me, knows I'm not good in groups but I don't have to explain that to the inviter if they don't already know. I even cried off a thermomix demo recently, after saying I'd be there, and there is absolutely NO pressure to buy at those lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arghhh I always get sucked into buying stuff so I really don't want to go to them anymore!! In the last 2/3 yrs I've been to atleast 10 Tupperware parties (2 friends are demonstrators :/), 2 enjo parties and atleast 3 intimo that I can recall. I've hosted a Tupperware and an intimo so when friends invite me to go to their party plan I feel obliged to go as they came to mine even though some didn't buy at mine anyway. Such a vicious cycle!!

I have two really good excuses now. 1. My breastfeed baby doesn't take a bottle and 2. (before I had DS) is that DH had banned me for X amount of months even though he hadn't. Always a good one as they never want to argue with him

I'm slightly addicted to my tuppash*t though but it is frickin awesome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just say I'm busy with * insert child name * having * insert event*. I hate those invites. If I want Tupperware etc I will ask. Feel for you. Hate to say ,but lie, just a little one. Far better than you turning up when you don't want to and no doubt do ending $50 you don't want to just to escape xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *spending*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am up front about it most of the time. I'm pretty solid when I have to hold out and not buy anything.

On a side note, my friend is making a absolute fortune selling Arbonne.. She tried to convince me to do it as well but I think you have to be that type of person and I think they train you in pressure selling. God it was funny at her party cause they were talking about other products containing road kill... Talk about emotive pressure selling.

Yeah I hate these parties ...