+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vegemite, wtf! I would have lost my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Your aunt is an a-hole.

How disrespectful. I would have been enraged.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yuck.... I had MIL stick her finger in DDs mouth a few times as a newbie and that was enough for me to grab DD and say "We don't know where grandma has been!" Takes a good rapport with MIL to be able to say it like that, or perhaps being an older mum myself and not caring what MIL thinks....

I recall MIL touching DDs hands when MIL hadn't washed her hands after smoking (an immediate death stare from me combined with wiping DDs hands with babywipes gave MIL the message to go and wash up!).

It took me about a week as a new mum in hospital to go from silently shocked to verbally assertive.... I had GMIL try and pick up newborn DD after blowing her nose on a filthy hankie. Blegh!!

Just quietly, I'm wishing that there would be a 'newborn etiquette' sign on the hospital room doors to save me having to pull up well meaning but gross relatives when they visit us in four days time!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Que Sera For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, Vegimite!! We are both fumming about it! But whats done is done He just will not be held by her again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have politely taken the baby and explained the reasons why it's unacceptable. I would have been uncomfortable letting it continue and simply wouldn't have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was out of the room. She had been told and was well aware that I did not want him having it. That should be enough for her not to do it. As soon as I came back inyo the room and saw this happening I took him straight back, said it was not funny (as she was laughing) and walked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's disgusting. Not acceptable. Ergh..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    You did better than I would have. Everyone for 6 block radius would know what a horrid untrustworthy person she is. You had told her no and she did it anyhow. Unbelievably rude.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by preciousbabyboy View Post
    To most people it is not acceptable.

Last night was another that just proved to me 9/10 people do have common sense and respect! (I however must pick that 1/10 an go here have my child!) My AUNT was holding our 4 1/2 month old bub while I was out of the room dealing with my 10 year old. We were at a family party. Bub has not yet had any solids or anything but breast milk. She had joked before about giving him Vegimite. I had told her no even if she had done it with her children. I had made myself very clear and her stirring ways seemed just that from a previous family get together .

I came back to find her still holding him, with his dummy and vegimite all over his mouth!! She was laughing. I told her it was not funny. Grabbed him and left the room. She tried to apologise fifteen minutes later while I was feeding him. I am extremely annoyed and ****ed off about it and made it very clear. That was not something she had the right to do. It was sometjing that should be special for me and his dad to share-giving him his first food. And feeding it to him against my wishes.

Just wanted to share with some others that I would think would share my opinion
    Holy f@ck balls. I hope you told her to f@ck off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aside from salt the msg too sorry you have a crazy