+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not ok! I was miffed when my mum let my then 8 week old DS suck her finger (who knows how clean it was), let alone some random person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @preciousbabyboy a friend of mine did the same thing to my baby.

I had told her she could offer her finger to suck on after washing her hands but she chose to lick her finger instead :O

Didn't say anything at the time as we were around their dinner table and I was just gob smacked.

However I mentioned it in front of her to other friends. I was casually telling them about these weird people who offer a finger they have licked to a baby... By the uneasy look on her face and the disgusted comments from our other friends I'm sure I got the message across

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yugh, not ok at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    By the way, French parents do that :
    offering a finger to suck on to help sooth and settle baby.

For the first few weeks, until baby can find his own fists/fingers.

Did it with mine and worked wonders

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a mum of a prem baby with a low immune system, I would have freaked out.
    Mind you some people have no concept of germs and think it doesn't happen to them. Even when bub was in hospital and in a fully monitored area with hand wash stations Etc I had to force mil to wash her hands😠😠😠

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that is crossing a line and a pretty obvious one at that, for most people!!!

YUCK! I don't even put my OWN fingers into my babies mouths unless it's for a darn good reason.

I am also a bit like you were I would have felt uncomfortable saying something but I think if it happened to me, I would HAVE to have said something as that is just gross.

There are some things that are just totally unacceptable and that is one of them. Eww.

I feel so angry for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To most people it is not acceptable.

Last night was another that just proved to me 9/10 people do have common sense and respect! (I however must pick that 1/10 an go here have my child!) My AUNT was holding our 4 1/2 month old bub while I was out of the room dealing with my 10 year old. We were at a family party. Bub has not yet had any solids or anything but breast milk. She had joked before about giving him Vegimite. I had told her no even if she had done it with her children. I had made myself very clear and her stirring ways seemed just that from a previous family get together .

I came back to find her still holding him, with his dummy and vegimite all over his mouth!! She was laughing. I told her it was not funny. Grabbed him and left the room. She tried to apologise fifteen minutes later while I was feeding him. I am extremely annoyed and ****ed off about it and made it very clear. That was not something she had the right to do. It was sometjing that should be special for me and his dad to share-giving him his first food. And feeding it to him against my wishes.

Just wanted to share with some others that I would think would share my opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wrong so wrong

I would be ropable and would let her know she will never be holding my baby ever again...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preciousbabyboy View Post
    To most people it is not acceptable.

Last night was another that just proved to me 9/10 people do have common sense and respect! (I however must pick that 1/10 an go here have my child!) My AUNT was holding our 4 1/2 month old bub while I was out of the room dealing with my 10 year old. We were at a family party. Bub has not yet had any solids or anything but breast milk. She had joked before about giving him Vegimite. I had told her no even if she had done it with her children. I had made myself very clear and her stirring ways seemed just that from a previous family get together .

I came back to find her still holding him, with his dummy and vegimite all over his mouth!! She was laughing. I told her it was not funny. Grabbed him and left the room. She tried to apologise fifteen minutes later while I was feeding him. I am extremely annoyed and ****ed off about it and made it very clear. That was not something she had the right to do. It was sometjing that should be special for me and his dad to share-giving him his first food. And feeding it to him against my wishes.

Just wanted to share with some others that I would think would share my opinion
    Ahh man! I'm furious for you!! That would **** me off!

I am still angry about our old neighbour who decided it was ok for HER to give my DS1 cake on his first bday!
    He had never had cake and when I went to find him he had cake all over his mouth. DS is. 3 now and I am still extremely ****ed off, I haven't got over it.

So I completely understand how you feel. We weren't planning on giving him cake for his bday, it was for everyone else. He eats very well and was quite happy with the fruit platter!

Also on his 2nd bday my MIL thought it was ok for her to give him soft drink!! Another thing I am still ****ed off about.

These things make my blood boil!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is awful how some people think they have the right to do things like soft drink! Not to mention Vegimite is FULL of salt! And she wonders why her baby (now 14) feed so much!! Poor little bugger was probably thirsty all the time!