+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a midwife do that when DD was a few days old. She hadn't sucked on her own finger first, and I guess she'd used the hand sanitizer foam all the nurses used when they entered my hospital room. I wondered if it was an Asian cultural thing, because she was Chinese. It seemed like a weird thing for a midwife to do in this day and age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be upset and angry if anyone did that! You are definitely not over reacting. I hope your baby hasnt caught any colds or anything from this person.

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameuser View Post
    why did she lick her finger?
    I wonder whether she thought that would make it cleaner. Ew!

I have had a work colleague and his wife that both did this when my kids were little. Finally got brave enough to tell my 5 month old one day that 'we don't put others peoples fingers I our mouths cos it's yucky' - got a filthy look but they haven't done it since.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I had a midwife do that when DD was a few days old. She hadn't sucked on her own finger first, and I guess she'd used the hand sanitizer foam all the nurses used when they entered my hospital room. I wondered if it was an Asian cultural thing, because she was Chinese. It seemed like a weird thing for a midwife to do in this day and age.
    A midwife did it to DD in the hospital after she was born, too, without asking me! She put a latex glove on her hand first. I didn't want latex in her mouth, those gloves taste like chemicals.. I was taken aback but figured she was just trying to help settle her :/

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty gross, I wouldn't even do it with my own DD let alone someone else's kid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did have a gp suggest this to me when dd was a newborn and unsettled but definitely not appropriate for a stranger to do this with someone else's child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your opinions. I didn't think I was over reacting. It has really upset me. I also feel terrible I felt I couldn't say anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a midwife do the same (didn't suck her own finger first) she was checking DS' suck cause she had just berated me about BFing for too long (a whole other story) anyway since she made me feel 5 years old I was too scared to say anything.., worst part was she stunk of smoke!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wtf!! How could you not say anything? Crikey!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (29-04-2014),Serenity Love  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    And why was a friend of a friend holding your 7 week old? Put some firm boundaries up!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (06-07-2014),btmacxxx  (06-07-2014)