Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I am glad I never went to these levels. I just said that anyone with a slight tickle or cough stay away until no coughing.

My children are immune comprmised so can not get vaccinated. I would not want to keep them in a bubble their whole life though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    I am glad I never went to these levels. I just said that anyone with a slight tickle or cough stay away until no coughing.

My children are immune comprmised so can not get vaccinated. I would not want to keep them in a bubble their whole life though.
    I'm sorry but keeping them in a bubble their whole life and wanting to ensure that those that come into contact with them in their very early days before being able to be vaccinated are two very different things.

And the fact your children can't be vaccinated I would think you would be more understanding of wanting those around them to pose the least possible risk of infecting them.

It is for children like yours that high levels of vaccination in the community is so important to provide herd immunity.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (22-04-2014),just her chameleon  (22-04-2014),LouLaa  (22-04-2014),Mulva  (22-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post

Who said anything about keeping them in a bubble their whole life? No one? Not one? We are talking about newborns here. Big difference. My boy is fully vaccinated and nearly 3 goes to daycare and exposed to everything. I still did my best to keep germs and people away those first 6 months. Sheesh

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Donnab739  (22-04-2014),hummingbird1  (22-04-2014),just her chameleon  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So pregnant women can get the vacc? I was told by my midwife that they don't do pregnant women until after bubs is born

Thanks
    Reviews
    I certainly don't bubble my son and he was a very unwell child for the first year of his life so it was hard not to, we did however take precautions for his first few weeks. The only reason it's more of a concern this time around is this is someone we now know who is not vaccinated, is against it and I know only had mumphs I think it was last year.

We are a eat dirt, lick the dog (I tried to stop that) family lol but we also don't want to be so lapse as to possibly expose our newborn in the first few weeks when they are still so vulnerable.

I feel horrible asking her to keep some distance but we have already had one baby in and out of hospital for things we couldn't avoid ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I should illaberate.

My kids have been in and out of hospital for the first few years,The amount of times I saw other people bring their kids into the scbu, thr copious hospital wards with visiting families. If I was worried about a person touching my baby or being in the room with my child when they have not been vaccinated, I would be a physical and mental wreck!

I am glad looking back, it did not cross my mind.