+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Duck View Post
    I haven't heard this before - where did you here this? Curiously asking
    I'm a vaccinator. It's been the new Australian guideline for almost a year. The US, UK and NZ have been doing it for some time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I'm a vaccinator. It's been the new Australian guideline for almost a year. The US, UK and NZ have been doing it for some time.
    How long does the level last? Does it cover them until they start getting vacced?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessalr89 View Post
    I had my last shot after DS was born 2 years ago, midwife said when I asked her last that none of us needed another one yet?
    Yeah you dont. The UK, NZ and AUS only recommend it for pregnant women who haven't had it in the last 5 yrs.
    The CDC in the US recommend it for every pregnancy but I'm not sure if they have it here as a monovalent vaccine where as in AUS is comes with diphtheria and tetanus as well which is probably why we only get it 5 yearly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    How long does the level last? Does it cover them until they start getting vacced?
    It was practice to 'cocoon' the infant by vaxing everyone around it but it wasn't overly effective unless you don't take the child anywhere.
    This has proven to be more effective as cross placental transfer of maternal antibodies is high enough to provide adequate protection until vaccination can occur.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I made it a Facebook post saying get the vaccination or stay away from my baby. I said I was serious and there was a WC epedemic and doctors recommend everyone in contact with the baby have a booster. Also maybe explain it only lasts ten years (??) so if you had it longer than that you need a booster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    It was practice to 'cocoon' the infant by vaxing everyone around it but it wasn't overly effective unless you don't take the child anywhere.
    This has proven to be more effective as cross placental transfer of maternal antibodies is high enough to provide adequate protection until vaccination can occur.
    That's awesome that it lasts that long - and that humans are catching onto something that we've been doing with animals for years

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (14-04-2014),SpecialK  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I made it a Facebook post saying get the vaccination or stay away from my baby. I said I was serious and there was a WC epedemic and doctors recommend everyone in contact with the baby have a booster. Also maybe explain it only lasts ten years (??) so if you had it longer than that you need a booster.
    The whooping cough component doesn't last 10yrs, that's more the tetanus/diphtheria components.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's really no big deal and I see it ALL the time on my face book page " dear friends, my baby will not be visited by an unvaccinated people for the first 3 months. I'm sure you understand how bad it is for babies to contract whopping cough etc so I am speaking up fort baby and will be denying visitors that are unvaccinated.. Thank you for your understanding" end of discussion. It's that simple it really is. You only get one chance to protect your baby and your baby is relying on you 100%, don't let them down.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (21-04-2014),MINIRoo  (13-04-2014),Rachie81  (21-04-2014),SpecialK  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone hubby and I talked and decided as much as we don't wanna offend anyone we also don't wanna risk anything with bub.. Our first son was quite unwell for his 1st year so we feel we have every right to be over cautious I feel much more comfortable now knowing others feel it's not to much to ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone is stupid enough to take offence, show them this awfully sad story from today's news.
    http://mobile.news.com.au/national/q...-1226882844012