+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brown discharge

Hi Ladies, I'm currently 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant, I have recently started having some brown discharge today. Is this normal? With having 2 previous miscarriages it's hard not to worry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I had dark discharge from about week 8 for a few weeks. I think it was just my plug getting thicker. Try not to stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi sammyk
    I had this on and off from about 4 to 6 weeks. It would stop and I would be reassured then come back again, so frustrating! In saying that I am now 32 weeks with a lovely, healthy bub. As long as you aren't cramping and it doesn't turn red then you should be fine.
    Hopefully it's bub burrowing in nice and deep

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had brown spotting start at 4+5 and continued on/off for 3.5wks. All scans showed everything was fine (now 13wks) and it was put down to either a very early loss of twin or a mild cervical erosion. I also have had 2 previous mc (though these were missed mc so I never had any bleeding with them) so I was stressed and freaking out big time

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for your replies x
    It's not enough too fill a pad but I'm having mild cramps just praying it's nothing serious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    I had brown spotting start at 4+5 and continued on/off for 3.5wks. All scans showed everything was fine (now 13wks) and it was put down to either a very early loss of twin or a mild cervical erosion. I also have had 2 previous mc (though these were missed mc so I never had any bleeding with them) so I was stressed and freaking out big time

Were you having any cramping? I have no pregnancy symptoms besides tenders breasts every now and then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyK15 View Post
    Were you having any cramping? I have no pregnancy symptoms besides tenders breasts every now and then
    No, no cramping at all sorry. That early on I had no symptoms either, it wasn't until about 6wks they kicked in.

Try not to stress about the lack of symptoms, especially so early. Plenty of women have successful pregnancies without displaying any symptoms or ms, others, like myself seem to be susceptible regardless of whether the pregnancy continues or not.

Maybe give your gp a call first thing tomorrow and request some blood tests to see what's happening with your hormones?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've tried to get into my dr all week their only open 3 days a week so will definitely be calling first thing in the morning, if not I'll be going too another dr for blood work. So hard not to worry as my 2 miscarriages started out with brown discharge :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers and toes crossed for you xx keep us posted

10. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

SammyK15  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went too the dr today, did a pregnancy test and still positive! Had a blood test too check Hcg levels and will be having another one Wednesday morning so *fingers crossed* everything works out, will just have too wait and see