+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Healthy lifestyle support

Starting this thread for a few reasons. Since having dd I have found myself very unmotivated to exercise and eat healthy. I have never been a fan of "diets" but much prefer the term healthy lifestyle.

Thought I would start this as a support for those of us (hoping there is more than just me haha) who are trying to lose weight or even just get healthy.

So post goals, exercise ideas for time poor mums and dads, recipes, positive, encouraging notes and hopefully we can support each other and help reach out goals.

Starting out wanting to lose 10kgs. That's manageable for me will see how I go.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Perth WA
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck

I have been doing this the last 6 months or so. Not a diet - a lifestyle change.

Weekly challenge is to
    - eat more vegetables
    - eat fruit instead of junk food
    - only 1 'treat' per week
    - at least 2 exercise sessions per week

I havent always managed - especially over christmas - but I have broken the 'chocolate and junk food' habit. That was hard (I made sure I did not have any chocolate or biscuits or cake in the house for that late night snack) - but the cravings dont last. After a month or so, you dont feel the need anymore.

I havent always managed the excercise either - but mostly I have. I am lukcy though as mostly I do have the time as DD is school aged and I only work 1 or 2 days.

Anyway - over 6 months I have lost 8kgs.

Once you start to notice the weight, and notice that your clothes feel different - its easy. the motivation that gives you is amazing

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't want to lose weight as I am naturally quite small but I really want to get healthy again as it's just all gone downhill.

My goals are

*to give up coke and drink more water instead
    *to exercise 2-3 times a week. Atm I am lucky if I exercise once, although my job is quite high energy with lots of dancing and jumping around( I work in a Childcare centre)
    * to get into the habit of eating breakfast so I have energy for the day