+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worming are they supposed to be dead after worming?

Hi ladies,
    I discovered a worm in my daughters poop last night so rushed to the chemist and tried to worm her but she wasn't a fan but I'm pretty sure that she had a full one from the 2 I tried to feed her. Anyway I checked her poop again tonight and wow there were about 8 live very active worms this time!
    So my question is are they supposed to be dead by now?
    Should I give her another dose? (Buying the chocolate variety next time so she eats them)
    What do I do to prevent them again?

They are soo gross and this is my first experience with them, I know they are totally normal but still gross lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    They dont always die when the kids have been wormed. We always follow up with another treatment two weeks after the first treatment, wash the bedding and again repeat the importance of hygiene to the kids.

We also worm eveyone in the house at the same time including the animals.

I hope this helps you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As PP said you need to wash all sheets, towels etc and worm the whole family, repeat in 2 weeks the worm tablets but wash linen every few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, cut kids fingernails very short and scrub each night - it's impossible to keep hands away from mouths so this is a good preventative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies, it's all new to me.
    So I shouldn't do it again tomorrow? Just wait two weeks?
    I'll be scrubbing the house and changing the sheets tomorrow!!
    Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you suppose to worm the whole family every now and then even if no one has worms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tubster View Post
    Are you suppose to worm the whole family every now and then even if no one has worms?
    No, there is no preventative for worms (other than hygiene) so worming with a treatment won't do anything if there are no worms.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

tubster  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately, the chemist wormers don't always kill worms. My son had a very bad recurrent case regardless of what I did. Washing sheets and pajamas daily, vacuuming, showering each child every morning to wash off eggs, essential oils...I did the works. It was horrible But they always came back!

Eventually I went to the doctor again who prescribed zentel. He assured me that it would without a doubt kill them. The whole family takes it - whatever you use. Then we were told to take a herbal supplement for a month which was vitaclense. There is an adult and children's chewable version. We are just finishing this part now.

Finally, as prevention, he has recommended Redmond clay. I have found it on iherb (I get vitamins off there anyway) and will order it shortly. Every person takes a teaspoon daily. It is a gut cleansing clay that keeps them away with the added bonus of cleansing your system in other ways as well.

I haven't had them back! I am absolutely over the moon, no more night wakings and cranky out of sorts kids.

I suggest re-doing in a week as when I went to the GP (diff doc) he said to re-do them as it didn't work and give my eldest more. But you must do all the cleaning to catch the eggs. He then said to do it again in two weeks. The medication is awful though, I had bad tummy pains and things after. Keep checking and if they aren't gone after a couple of months get the zentel. It is normal to get worms but it's not healthy to have them. HTH, good luck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little_P For This Useful Post:

Addiesmum  (21-05-2014)