+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    So you think it's not advisable to lean over the table and stick needles in their eyes?

Its become more and more difficult to ignore it but I know you're right.... Thanks.
    Lol. Only in your mind...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (12-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    I have a family member who is exactly the same as this! When I got a new car, nothing. But I had to hear all about her new (much more expensive than mine) car when she got it.
    Oh don't even get me started on the materialistic competitiveness.... They are both incredibly materialistic people too. The car thing sounds familiar...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Oh don't even get me started on the materialistic competitiveness.... They are both incredibly materialistic people too. The car thing sounds familiar...
    Argh it's so frustrating!! I know the car thing sounds petty but she does it with everything!! Her and her husband had big issues and split up before they got married and I was there for her through the whole thing and one day (a while later) I tried to open up to her about some issue I was having with dh and she literally said nothing, I had to change the subject because it was so awkward! After that I decided not to talk about my personal life and she never asks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Is your friend being hoighty toighty and competitive or are you going through a rough trot and being sensitive? I can't imagine anyone intentionally being hurtful like that.

You can't control what others do, you can control how you react.

Best of luck..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I built a house when I was 22. I had a friend come over up see it and showed her around and she just kept making hmmm and yeahs. At the end i asked her what she thought of my house and she said "it looks... New".

We drifted apart over the next few years but still have friends in common. Oddly enough at social events now she actively seeks me out being super friendly (ignoring other people she's closer to). I think it's because I'm a solo mum and for some reason i believe she thinks that's cool.

She's trying to have a perfect life, stylish clothes around the house, always wearing makeup etc. I bum around in my trackies and I'm clearly not perfect but I'm pretty sure I'm happier than she is.

I would just mentally laugh inside your head and start to make it a game, see if you can bait them into saying something so many times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Is your friend being hoighty toighty and competitive or are you going through a rough trot and being sensitive? I can't imagine anyone intentionally being hurtful like .
    Im no more cynical than usual....

Pretty sure they're the ones who have the annoying traits. I'm lovely!

As for the intentional hurt.... Oh VP, I have been intentionally hurt by more than one person in my life!! I can assure you it's not uncommon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I would just mentally laugh inside your head and start to make it a game, see if you can bait them into saying something so many times.
    Oh, how evil! I love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe they're just jealous or having problems and are desperate to cover it up by competing. They may feel insecure and are making themselves feel better . They could even be seeking your approval.
    I know when I'm happy I'm too busy doing my own thing to be bothered competing iykwim (not that I compete when I'm unhappy lol).
    I'd just ignore it, or smile and nod (maybe roll my eyes behind their backs ) if you can't just cut them off. Good luck with it, it sounds so frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is it bragging or are they proud of their efforts? Sometimes people can come off bragging when they are just proud of their accomplishments. If I post a pic on fb of a cake I've made it's cos I'm happy with it. It's not to upset Jane doe cos she can't bake.

Btw I only post success stories... Not to annoy people but because I want to remember that and not the ones that failed.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not just bragging, it's the way they treat me specifically as I described above... I think there's a difference between bragging and treading on others in order to either negate them or be better than them.

Also, plenty of people manage to share their good stuff, good lives etc with out putting others down or bragging.

Its a bit hard to explain I guess but I definitely, after all this time, believe its directed at me with these two people. In fact, waking up this morning I'm thinking they are both largely full of it anyway, and yes I am probably being a little over sensitive lately....

Nope scratch that! These people know exactly what they are doing and bugger them!

Thanks everyone for the advice.
    Last edited by Ellewood; 13-04-2014 at 07:45.