+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Affordable suburbs where do u recommend?

So we have been pre approved for a loan of 380k.
    Where do u guys live in Victoria? We r looking for a family friendly suburb where we can buy a fairly new established house for less than 380k. Lol I know a hard task in today's market.
    We r happy to go further rural if needed also

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bacchus marsh. You won't find a better place to raise a family

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can find a family home in geelong for that, but stay away from the northern suburbs because they're rough. Highton, Belmont have good sized blocks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it depends whats important to you in looking for a home and what areas you like. We live in Pakenham and were able to afford a 3 bed decent place for well under that. It is a growing family area but also still has a little bit of that country feel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We live in Doreen (Northern suburbs). About a 40 min drive from the city(excluding peak hour!). The house prices are about $300-400k on average. We're renting but will be buying here on the next couple of years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laurenlauren View Post
    You can find a family home in geelong for that, but stay away from the northern suburbs because they're rough. Highton, Belmont have good sized blocks.
    Lol what? That's the most absurd thing I've Heard. North west maybe! (Broardy etc). But not Doreen, Eltham etc! Those areas are lovely with lovely communities!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geelong is a sh!thole IMO, no work opportunities , nothing for kids to do when they're older. Stay in Melbourne if you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusheen The Cat View Post
    Lol what? That's the most absurd thing I've Heard. North west maybe! (Broardy etc). But not Doreen, Eltham etc! Those areas are lovely with lovely communities!
    I think she meant the northern burbs of Geelong, and she'd be right. Geelong is nice enough as long as you're not on the lookout for a job in manufacturing. I live in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne and there are some lovely parts around here. It really depends on what sort of job market you require and how far from the CBD you are prepared to live.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I think she meant the northern burbs of Geelong, and she'd be right. Geelong is nice enough as long as you're not on the lookout for a job in manufacturing. I live in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne and there are some lovely parts around here. It really depends on what sort of job market you require and how far from the CBD you are prepared to live.
    Ah I see! I thought she meant Northern Melbourne, not Geelong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol yea I meant northern mebourne.
    we are currently renting in doreen at the moment. I grew up in diamond creek so like this area.
    But we have seen how cheap the houses r at pakenham and would consider that area also, I do like somewhere that still has the country feel.
    We also looked at beveredge in Mandalay estate, houses r extremly cheap but no schools or anything yet.