+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Favourite kitchen appliances ?

I have been doing more cooking lately and been making full use of all the kitchen appliances which makes everything so much easier.
    My favorites are:

stand mixer, for pizza dough, bread, pasta, cakes

Blender, for smoothies, ice cream, nut milk

Waffle maker for waffles of course !

Rice cooker - so easy put in rice and water and leave it to so it's thing and it keeps the rice warm.

Some of my lesser favorites are:

Slow cooker, meals just don't seem to turn out very well

Pressure cooker, dh uses this but I feel clueless about what to cook in here

Ice cream maker, the bowl that needs to be frozen before hand is too big and I don't have room in my freezer.

I know I don't "need" any more things for the kitchen but would love to hear what others use that makes cooking easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You need to reevaluate the slow cooker. Here is an easy one. 4 Chicken beast, can chopped tomatoes, taco seasoning a bit of stock. You get this amazing pill apart chicken all stringy for tacos or on top of pizzas or anything. Join some Facebook slow cooker pages.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (12-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used it about 5 times now with different recipes but they just don't seem to taste good

This chicken recipe sounds yummy though. How many hours do you cook it for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    I have been doing more cooking lately and been making full use of all the kitchen appliances which makes everything so much easier.
    My favorites are:

stand mixer, for pizza dough, bread, pasta, cakes

Blender, for smoothies, ice cream, nut milk

Waffle maker for waffles of course !

Rice cooker - so easy put in rice and water and leave it to so it's thing and it keeps the rice warm.

Some of my lesser favorites are:

Slow cooker, meals just don't seem to turn out very well

Pressure cooker, dh uses this but I feel clueless about what to cook in here

Ice cream maker, the bowl that needs to be frozen before hand is too big and I don't have room in my freezer.

I know I don't "need" any more things for the kitchen but would love to hear what others use that makes cooking easier.
    Thermomix, hands down. I use it for all your favourites except waffles. Also for ice cream
    And homemade jams, spreads like nut butters, sauces, steaming, mash, soups, stir frys, pasta (dough and dishes) and so much more.

Still live my slow cooker too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thermomix.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love our slow cooker!
    Rice cooker goes alright.... Used to use an actifry all the time when making chips or wedges... Tasted amazing! But don't eat chips and things much anymore,
    Like the blender when we use it....

Besides that we don't really use other appliances besides a toaster and microwave.... Used to love our coffee machine but the house we currently are in we can't use it because the wiring is too old and overloads the circuits too much, we also have a stove top kettle for this reason but love it more then electric.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Thermy. Still use my rice cooker though and I love my sandwich press too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love my Philips XL Airfryer & my Breville bread maker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not a slow cooker fan either!
    Can't live without my kitchen aid ( cakes/dough/ice-cream/mincer/pasta) and food processor plus I use the panini press for making kebabs or wraps a lot and the pop corn maker has been getting a workout lately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anything that makes coffee!

I have a slow cooker but by the time the recipe says to brown on stove first I lose patience.

Other than that I just use pots and pans, I like that feeling of being involved for some reason.