+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can also buy bulk lots of kids clothes on ebay and gumtree. We just for 50 pieces for $20. So much cheaper than paying for each time individually.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wally90 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (12-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Every month or so instead of doing a weekly shop we challenge ourselves to eat from what we already have on hand with the exception of fresh bread & milk.
    Saves money & waste.

We have solar panels so our energy is cheapest while the sun is up so i often cook dinner early in the afternoon.

I unplug the clothes dryer so i have to think do i really need to use it if i happen to chuck stuff in it.

All regular payments, elec, phone, school fees, kids activities i divide into a weekly amount and pay in weekly installments so i dont get lumped with a big bill to pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We play power games here too. I'm on an off peak plan so use the washing machine and dishwasher at 2am. Most washing machines now have a delay you can set, and I bought a timer power point for the dishwasher.

I have solar power but we sell it to the grid at a higher price than we buy it back. So that's why I still do the 2am thing. Weekends are usually all off peak, but because of the solar panels I wait for the sun to go down.

I never use a clothes drier.

I buy clothes in the clearance section at the end of the season for next year.

I buy my DDs bigger clothes that will last them a while. Yes they are a bit loose but my DDs grow incredibly fast I learned to buy stuff that fits them now. I have a giant 2yo and I buy her size 5-7 t shirts. The 5s fit her, the 7 is loose and I will get another year out of.

I have weet bix a lot for dinner but that's more about laziness than saving money! Only plan to cook 4 nights a week, the other 3 is scavenging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    We play power games here too. I'm on an off peak plan so use the washing machine and dishwasher at 2am. Most washing machines now have a delay you can set, and I bought a timer power point for the dishwasher.

I have solar power but we sell it to the grid at a higher price than we buy it back. So that's why I still do the 2am thing. Weekends are usually all off peak, but because of the solar panels I wait for the sun to go down.

I never use a clothes drier.

I buy clothes in the clearance section at the end of the season for next year.

I buy my DDs bigger clothes that will last them a while. Yes they are a bit loose but my DDs grow incredibly fast I learned to buy stuff that fits them now. I have a giant 2yo and I buy her size 5-7 t shirts. The 5s fit her, the 7 is loose and I will get another year out of.

I have weet bix a lot for dinner but that's more about laziness than saving money! Only plan to cook 4 nights a week, the other 3 is scavenging.
    my 2yo dd is also a giant and her size 4 tops are a little on the short side... should probably start buying her size 5...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    my 2yo dd is also a giant and her size 4 tops are a little on the short side... should probably start buying her size 5...

It's ridiculous how little difference there is in the sizing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

grooviechic35  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    It's ridiculous how little difference there is in the sizing.
    Mm i don't think so my kids always seem to not fit certain sizes.... Shirt length too short but fits everywhere else or good length but need a massive size.
    If ur kids growth spurt a lot it does suck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    Mm i don't think so my kids always seem to not fit certain sizes.... Shirt length too short but fits everywhere else or good length but need a massive size.
    If ur kids growth spurt a lot it does suck

I have a 20kg 2yo and a 9kg 4mo. Growth spurts don't stop here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I did my shopping at markets and Aldi today, had a bit of savings!! Have told hubby that nxt week we will work out what meat we want and buy it in bulk so for the month or fortnight! We have a deep freezer so we have plenty of room! I am going to try do some slow cooker meals in bulk and freeze them too!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't remember if I've asked this on one of these toe treads before, but do you find a deep freeze adds much to your power bill?
    I'd LOVE to get one as I like to bulk cook and our little freezer fills up too quickly, but DH thinks it would add SO much to our power bill. Like an extra $100 per quarter. He won't back down on it! Lol m

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
    Sorry if this is in the wrong area!
    I've moved out of the nappy section to the Family Finances section, hopefully you will receive more replies in this section.