+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Newstart claim rejected, what now?

So, after 3 months of getting mucked around JUST for a newstart claim, DP & I have found out that on monday when we went in the hand in the same documents that we filled 2 months ago, that we needed additional info on our relationship status (?) so we handed that in on friday, only to be told that his claim had been rejected on the money we went in due to failure to provide extra documents which we both handed in on monday and friday.

So now that his claim has been cancelled, will DP have to start from te beginning again to re-claim for the same thing from the past months of hell, or will they just re-open the same claim and we will get the 6 weeks worth of backpay he is entitled to?

I swear I'm going to have a mental breakdown if we dont get the 6 weeks of back pay. I'm at financial breaking point and cant deal with the stress bills and rent keeps piling up and having no way of paying, let alone having petrol in our car or food on the table, we litually have $10 left in our account and have no way of knowing when we will get payments back on tract

The claims officer only sees by appointments but the person we spoke to yesterday wouldnt give us an appointment with her, were only allowed to "drop in" and see if shes available WTF!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's going to depend on a few things, such as when they notified you that other paperwork was required. "IF" they notified you then it's normally 14 days to supply the information, if you supply didn't it within that timeframe then they won't backdate.
    First thing I recommend you do is lodge an appeal against the cancellation of his claim (but it sounds more like a rejection to the claim not cancellation.)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanna1980 For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (12-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, if they don't backdate the claim you can appeal that decision too. Ask for it to go to a review officer who hasn't been involved in your claim
    Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanna1980 For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (12-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah ok then, yeah well what happened is when he first rung them up to intent to claim, they put a different address down (that neither of us lived at!). and we never recieved any paperwork for 2 weeks, he had his phone interview and they said dont worry about the paper work, when you have your 1 on 1 appointment the next week just take in a bank statement and ID. So he did but he wasnt told to take everything he needed to, so we went back in and put more info in and then they re sent more forms for me to fill out that i already filled out 2 weeks prior and sent in, and then we get told we needed to hand in more info. Where in which, ever single time they keep putting the address back to this random address from the first initial contact date, and we have to keep changing it back to our address and yet we still never receive any letters or information.

I'm hoping your right with the appeal, seeing as itll show that we NEVER recieved any letter to OUR address, and it was all sent to a random address. We cant possibly know to fill out forms and hand info in if we are never informed to do so until its too late

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I would definitely appeal against their decision. I would also make sure you ask for a receipt number for any interaction you have with Centrelink at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If nothing gets done with the appeal contact head guy of Clink - Hank Jongen. You can send him a MSG through his FB page to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, just an update. Good news for now!

The claims officer who is dealing with us said that all the info we handed in is fine in her opinion and shes fixing up stuff on their system with us, so once its done she will call us to let us know when we will be receiving our first payment for newstart and my ppp back on track. She also said we will be getting back pay for newstart from the end of feburary. Thankyou for all your support and adivce during this really stressful time. I'm so glad we will be able to buy food, pay bills and rent now

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen The Cat For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (14-04-2014),PomPoms  (14-04-2014)