+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default VERY TMI - Bloody Show

Hi ladies, I am 36 weeks pregnant, 3 cm dilated and a few hours ago I had my bloody show. (TMI - It was mucous mixed with bright red clots and bright red blood). Baby is very low and I have heaps of pressure. Does this mean real labour could be near? The midwives keep giving me random answers. Oh and contractions are between 10 to 15 min apart. Any stories or experiences would really be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like you already are in labor. How exciting!!! Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is nothing like I thought it would be. The contractions are manageable and so sporadic. I am currently in hospital. But the few contractions I am getting I dont think its doing much. Plus I am extra scared about infection now as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as you haven't had sex with the open cervix or had sex when your waters break you should be fine with the infection side of things. Sounds like its still early labour but since you are 3+cm they class it as labor.

All I can say is keep moving, that will help things progress!! In for a long night by the sounds of things. remember to breathe, dont hold your breath when the contractions get more intense. Keep moving and keep hydrated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. :-) Yeah I have been walking a decent amount and been drinking water like there is no tomorrow. I guess if they class 3 + cm as labour. I wont be going home tomorrow. Or is that still a possibility?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for the morning crew!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    My contractions started and they were very mild. I felt it was different, but had doubts because of how little they hurt. I got nervous and went to the hosp to check it out despite them saying it was probably nothing too much yet and I was 5cm and having very regular contractions. I don't think they believed me. They didn't get too painful until they broke my waters at about 7 because I stalled. They class active labour as 5 or 6, I can't remember.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You won't be going home without your baby if you have lost plug, 3cm and only 36 weeks - they will want to keep an eye on you as baby is still classified as pre-term (this happened to me). Best wishes, maybe you are already holding bub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are things going hun? Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, they discharged me the day after and was told only to come in if my water breaks. They are leaving me. Is that normal?