+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was 4'4 kilos and was born vaginally and spontaneously and drug free . I am a tiny person, weighting below 50 kilos before pregnancy. I did have tears but no other complications .

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a 4.8kg baby at home, quick labour, no complications. I had a 2nd degree tear, but it healed without stitches.

I don't know about those growth scans. They can be inaccurate, and also freak people out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first 2 bubs were 8lbs 7oz. DD3 was born 5 days late & weighed in at 10lbs14.

All 3 were natural births with no pain relief except gas, DD3 was my biggest baby and quickest birth. I had a small tear that didn't need stitches.

You know your own body, but if it was me I would attempt natural birth over c-section if possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My largest was 9 pound 4 and it was my easiest! I was measuring big wayyyyy bigger than he was born. I was told 10 to 11 pounds. I know a lot of people are told big baby because or measurements and genes but end up with tiny babies.

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I vbacd DD. Spontaneous labour, little bit of gas and air and no tearing.
    She was 9pds 8

I got told at our 34 week scan she was quite large and measuring in the 90th percentile. They retested me for GD just in case it had been missed. But she and I were both fine. If I hadn't gone into labour when I did, there was talk of a repeat Caesar on the cards at my 40wk check up. I am very glad it played out the way it did.

I would opt for the induction if there has to be a choice between the two.
    My csection recovery was long and not great. I did labour till 7cm dilated before being taken away for an emergency C-So that didn't help. But the vbac recovery was amazing. I walked out of the place less than 12hrs later.

Ultimately though, you need to make the choice that works for you and that you are comfortable with for your family.

Best wishes. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had two large babies (9pd11.5 and 9pd9.5). I was told to Csec with #2 because of tearing with #1 and an estimated 10pd baby (grown scan measured him to be 9pd9, scarily accurate). I went for a VB and im glad i did. My birth went really well, spontaneous VB at 41+2 within 3hrs. He was a teeny bit smaller and a lot lot easier.

I was induced with #3 at 38+6wks due to GD, i was on insulin thats why i was induced. Bub was measuring to be 9pd7oz if i had reached 41wks. I chose an induced VB over the elective Cs with her as i had given birth easily to two large babies i felt confident i could do it. She was 8pd3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all of your support and advice everyone! To answer some questions:

position: I was told he is currently head down but posterior, however there's still time for him to turn around. I think if he's still firmly posterior by the birth date it might sway me more towards a caesarean. I've heard back labour is very painful.

week: the obstetrician wants to wait until week 38 or 39 since GI babies are sometimes behind in lung development, so that will be in two weeks time. I'm currently 36 weeks + 3 days.

Obs recommendation: The obs hasn't really advised me one way or the other. He gave me pamphlets on induction and caesarean and told me to decide on our next appointment. While I think it's great that he's empowering me to choose my own plan I'm not the one with a medical degree so I can't weigh all the risks and benefits.

You've all been very helpful! I think I'll talk to the obstetrician about attempting VB first and get his feeling on that. I only had a very minor tear with my 8lb 4 ounce girl so I might be okay with a bigger baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My third was posterior, it was not more painful within the contractions. I didn't have any back Labour at all which really puzzled my middie. Bub was stuck on a cervical lip so my body was pushing her towards my front. Labour was a bit more painful pushing her out (I didn't get the ring of fire with either of the boys, but did with the girl so that might have been the pain that I wasn't used to, or It could have been her position).

Did you say you have GD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my last bub 4 months old now, exact same thing, 36 week scan they said 3.6/7 kg already! I freaked out as DD1 was 4 day over and only 3.3kg. I was given same options as you, I didn't want the c-section as I had a 2 yo to tend to and I had drug free VB first time and recovered really quickly, however Heard horror stories about induction!! I asked for a scan every week following to monitor bubs growth and it slowed down so I was able to go full term but OB wouldn't let me go more then a couple days over so I was induced in the end and loved it!! I was given syntocin at 1/4 strength and built up slowly, still drug free birth. Bub was born in 4 hours weighing in at 3.8kg at 40+2. So still big but not the 4.5 they were estimating is would be at 40 weeks. Good luck either way, hope this was helpfull

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also both births were posterior with back labour and still very manageable

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama of 1 For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (12-04-2014)