+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd more concerned about an elective delivery at 36 weeks than anything.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    812
    Thanked
    688
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think you need to choose either, if size is the only factor. Size estimates are notoriously inaccurate anyway and it's not particularly dangerous to birth a large baby if their proportions are good. You're probably more likely to have complications from the induction itself.
    Personally, I'd just wait and hope for a spontaneous labour.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    1,304
    Thanks
    2,279
    Thanked
    490
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would also go cs, I had a rough time with DD1 who was a larger Bub (and it led to ongoing issues, I don't want to go into it since you asked for no horror stories ). My DD2s cs was wonderful the recovery was painful though.
    Talk to your drs. They will have a better idea of your situation. Tell them how you're feeling, they might be able to make a plan that suits you and your situation perfectly

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,474
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked
    795
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a Caesar due to GD and expected big baby. My DS was born at 40 weeks weighing 7.5lbs. I am still getting over the disappointment. I wanted a VBAC but didn't because baby was going to be big. All scans indicated a big baby with expected weight of 10lbs. They were very wrong.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    IYou're probably more likely to have complications from the induction itself.
    High chance of an induction at 36 weeks ending up with an emergency caesar and a baby in the nursery.

    Oops missed that bit. Still an induction at 38 weeks, unless your really favourable still has a high chance of not going well...
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 11-04-2014 at 19:54.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Personally after having both VBs (inductions) and a c-section, I'd choose, spontaneous VB, induction, then c-section.

    Just keep talking to your care provider and make the choice that best suits you.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    High chance of an induction at 36 weeks ending up with an emergency caesar and a baby in the nursery.
    I thought the OP said they want to induce in two weeks when she'll be 38 weeks?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked
    2,360
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    I'd more concerned about an elective delivery at 36 weeks than anything.
    I think the Dr recommended induction in 2 weeks so at 38wks

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,487
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    1,571
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be inclined to go with my Ob's advice, but I would ask a lot of questions and get him/her to answer any concerns I had. I know people who have easily birthed 11lb babies (my sister) and others that can't birth 6lb babies (me!), it all depends on so many individual circumstances. Best of luck for a healthy gorgeous baby.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    342
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked
    143
    Reviews
    0
    I had a huge bub last July. He was born weighing 4.68kg with a massive head. My eldest (DD) was 4.06kg and that extra 600 made a big difference. My OB (public system) recommended a c-section for DS due to his size and I was really disappointed at first. However, once I actually saw him I was soooo glad I hadn't tried to birth him vaginally. I'm certain he would've become stuck and needed to be delivered by emergency c-section, which would've been traumatic for both of us. With the planned Caesarian, we were both fine and I healed really well. I have no regrets.
    Good luck with bub's birth!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Vaginal birth with a bicornuate uterus
    By gloqui in forum Birth & Labour Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-02-2014, 22:18
  2. Large baby at 30weeks scan how did u birth?
    By BubbleGuppy in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-01-2014, 08:53
  3. C-Section or Vaginal Birth after 4th Degree Tear?
    By ManchesterLass in forum Birth & Labour Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-09-2013, 21:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!