+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd more concerned about an elective delivery at 36 weeks than anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think you need to choose either, if size is the only factor. Size estimates are notoriously inaccurate anyway and it's not particularly dangerous to birth a large baby if their proportions are good. You're probably more likely to have complications from the induction itself.
    Personally, I'd just wait and hope for a spontaneous labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would also go cs, I had a rough time with DD1 who was a larger Bub (and it led to ongoing issues, I don't want to go into it since you asked for no horror stories ). My DD2s cs was wonderful the recovery was painful though.
    Talk to your drs. They will have a better idea of your situation. Tell them how you're feeling, they might be able to make a plan that suits you and your situation perfectly

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a Caesar due to GD and expected big baby. My DS was born at 40 weeks weighing 7.5lbs. I am still getting over the disappointment. I wanted a VBAC but didn't because baby was going to be big. All scans indicated a big baby with expected weight of 10lbs. They were very wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    IYou're probably more likely to have complications from the induction itself.
    High chance of an induction at 36 weeks ending up with an emergency caesar and a baby in the nursery.

Oops missed that bit. Still an induction at 38 weeks, unless your really favourable still has a high chance of not going well...
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 11-04-2014 at 19:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Personally after having both VBs (inductions) and a c-section, I'd choose, spontaneous VB, induction, then c-section.

Just keep talking to your care provider and make the choice that best suits you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    High chance of an induction at 36 weeks ending up with an emergency caesar and a baby in the nursery.
    I thought the OP said they want to induce in two weeks when she'll be 38 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    I'd more concerned about an elective delivery at 36 weeks than anything.
    I think the Dr recommended induction in 2 weeks so at 38wks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be inclined to go with my Ob's advice, but I would ask a lot of questions and get him/her to answer any concerns I had. I know people who have easily birthed 11lb babies (my sister) and others that can't birth 6lb babies (me!), it all depends on so many individual circumstances. Best of luck for a healthy gorgeous baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a huge bub last July. He was born weighing 4.68kg with a massive head. My eldest (DD) was 4.06kg and that extra 600 made a big difference. My OB (public system) recommended a c-section for DS due to his size and I was really disappointed at first. However, once I actually saw him I was soooo glad I hadn't tried to birth him vaginally. I'm certain he would've become stuck and needed to be delivered by emergency c-section, which would've been traumatic for both of us. With the planned Caesarian, we were both fine and I healed really well. I have no regrets.
    Good luck with bub's birth!