+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I knew people who didn't give their new income when they got a pay rise. They just had to pay back money to Centrelink and the end of the financial year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you been withholding info this whole time or circumstances changed recently & you hadn't told them. Either or it's best to just inform Centrelink what's going on so the most you have to so is pay money back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusheen The Cat View Post
    Must have been a pretty big lie for her to be jailed for it!
    She claimed single parent pension while married over a period of a couple of years.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2003-0...harges/1222588

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A girl I used to be good friends with claimed the sole parent pension for many years despite the fact she is married and has never been caught however a cousin (who I have nothing to do with) spent 9 months in jail for defrauding centrelink and she had 2 young kids to raise by herself, they had to go and live with their grandmother until she did her time. Better to be honest I think, that way you don't have to worry about it ever coming back to bite you.
    Last edited by Angels4me; 11-04-2014 at 14:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    She claimed single parent pension while married over a period of a couple of years.

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)
    :O that is a crazy! (that she got away with it for so long!)

DP & I are going through issues similarly to that. Well, we havent done anything wrong and have informed centrelink about us being together living as a couple from dat dot & now that hes claiming Newstart their having a sook & suspended my PPP & cancelled his newstart before he even got it! No wonder it took them 5 years to catch up to them when they cant even get their facts straight with honest people!

*edited: Just wanted to add, not meaning to make this about me but DP & I are starting to think we have been falsely dobbed in (someone lied to centrelink) about our circumstances, because, well why else would they make getting newstart cancelled before it was accepted when DP already handed in all the paperwork & my PPP suspended due to them all of a sudden needing additional info on our relationship status - that they already knew about a year ago! o.O. We have a feeling someone from DP's family is stirring the pot and put in a false claim to "get back" at us for not wanting to speak to his mum.
    Last edited by Pusheen The Cat; 11-04-2014 at 14:03.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen The Cat For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post

Wow that's why my SIL is paying back $67,000 she had 3 children back then to my brother aged from 2 to 5 they had never been partnered but had been together for almost 10 years by then and he was earning close to $1000 a week she claimed single to fund their drug addictions.

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusheen The Cat View Post
    :O that is a crazy! (that she got away with it for so long!)

DP & I are going through issues similarly to that. Well, we havent done anything wrong and have informed centrelink about us being together living as a couple from dat dot & now that hes claiming Newstart their having a sook & suspended my PPP & cancelled his newstart before he even got it! No wonder it took them 5 years to catch up to them when they cant even get their facts straight with honest people!

*edited: Just wanted to add, not meaning to make this about me but DP & I are starting to think we have been falsely dobbed in (someone lied to centrelink) about our circumstances, because, well why else would they make getting newstart cancelled before it was accepted when DP already handed in all the paperwork & my PPP suspended due to them all of a sudden needing additional info on our relationship status - that they already knew about a year ago! o.O. We have a feeling someone from DP's family is stirring the pot and put in a false claim to "get back" at us for not wanting to speak to his mum.
    That's happened to me too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I went partnered with DP my ftb was cut off until he did his outstanding tax returns from 2002-2006 took 8 months for them to clear it up! And it all went to his exes for child support anyway they didn't let him keep any for our daughter.

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My ex MIL rorted centrelink for 20+ years, right up until the day she married her 3rd husband. I know she was dobbed in once by her real estate but nothing ever came of it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    That's happened to me too!!
    You got sobbed Into Centrelink by false claims by someone you know or your being mucked around for no good reason?