+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A 13 year girl old got r.aped in a local shopping centre toilet in the middle of the day here a couple of years ago...so a really freaking long time for me. The man was in the toilet just waiting for a victim.
    When my son refuses to come to to the ladies toilet, it will be parents rooms and disabled toilets until when...I don't know. I don't have a set age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    18 even 16 !!!!! Probably never !!

WA had a young girl raped and murdered in a busy shopping centre toilet years ago and it still haunts me. I think her name was Sophie or Sophia she was about 8 from memory 😣it was a devastating story!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not until my son and I have a stand up fight out the front of the loos. Hes 8. At the moment he's happy to go where I say.

It was only a couple of months ago that I took the kids to use the parents room at our local shops. When we came out of the loo there was a single guy (no child with him) hiding in one of the feeding cubicles. I only noticed cause his sneaker was peaking out. He was clearly on something. I grabbed the kids and bolted in to the first shop and they had security come and take him out.

It happened at the same shops that LoCo is talking about. My sons safety and life is more important that his manly pride.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If dp has them he takes them into the parents or disabled toilets but if that wasn't an option they have to go into the ladies they are 8&6 so together I feel that isn't too bad but not 100% comfortable.
    Ideally 10&12 if they went together

If I had a son he would come into females until 10/12

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    A 13 year girl old got r.aped in a local shopping centre toilet in the middle of the day here a couple of years ago...so a really freaking long time for me. The man was in the toilet just waiting for a victim.
    When my son refuses to come to to the ladies toilet, it will be parents rooms and disabled toilets until when...I don't know. I don't have a set age.
    yeah it is a scary thought

My daughter is 8, and I do let her go to the toilet by herself some times. It depends on the place.

In a public park - never. In a shopping centre - never.

At a restaurant, when we are close to the toilets etc .. then sometimes I will just check that they are clear and leave her there to find her own way back.

its hard. She wants to do things on her own ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post
    My child will always be supervised. I always see boys in the ladies and girls going into the mens with their respective parents. Or men will take their kids into the baby rooms where there's a toilet there.

DH and I were at a shopping centre some years ago where a little girl was assaulted and murdered in a matter of minutes when she was left to attend the Ladies on her own. I have never forgotten that day and I make no apologies for being super diligent in public places. "Being able to see in" or "I know the place well" just doesn't cut it with me, sorry.
    Exactly this.

I think you are referring to a WA shopping centre. That murder will haunt me forever too, not to mention the poor family

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Never!!!

Reality? I dont know. Not now thats for sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    yeah it is a scary thought

My daughter is 8, and I do let her go to the toilet by herself some times. It depends on the place.

In a public park - never. In a shopping centre - never.

At a restaurant, when we are close to the toilets etc .. then sometimes I will just check that they are clear and leave her there to find her own way back.

its hard. She wants to do things on her own ...
    I do things like that too, or she goes in the cubicle next to me and waits until I say she can open the door. But for her to wander off and use a park toilet or shopping centre toilet...if I have my way it will be when she moves out of home and I no longer have a choice! haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have let my 4yo, 6yo and 7yo all use public toilets on their own at some point. For me it all comes down to the individual situation.

Some places/toilets I have no problem with them going by themselves, others it's a no go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    I have let my 4yo, 6yo and 7yo all use public toilets on their own at some point. For me it all comes down to the individual situation.

Some places/toilets I have no problem with them going by themselves, others it's a no go.
    I am the same with my 6yr old. He sometimes goes in on his own, sometimes comes with me. It really depends, if the toilets are busy and people constantly going in and out I allow him, but quiet toilets at a park etc? Not gunna happen.

I take all 3 to the theme parks reguarly on my own, he goes to the toilet there on his own often, but sometimes into the womens toilets not the mens, so that if there is an issue and he needs me I can go In there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app