+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    And she had a wishing well at her wedding.

Money grubbing thief! She deserves everything she gets!!
    You'd think if she had stolen that money she could have dressed better.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (17-04-2014),NancyBlackett  (17-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (17-04-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    It's a case of not enough funding and people willing to love children other than their own.
    not necessarily. I will never foster seeing all of the pain that my friend went through in loving a child other than her own, including being instructed by the birth mother not to love or cuddle the child, not being able to attend her son's sports days etc because she was too busy meeting her obligations to the Dept taking the foster child to visits with his birth mother 4 times a week. It is a very flawed system (not the workers, the system)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 17-04-2014 at 12:25.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (17-04-2014)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If our opinions don't have any impact on anything, why shouldn't we judge or hypothesise based on what we've heard? We're all judging, even you. It just happens that some of us are a bit more realistic and on the ball
    But the truth is that you may be well off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The parents are being judged, not for the kidnapping (necessarily) but for not being able to take appropriate care of their kids. (Which I agree is subjective).

I'm not sure about the well off thing. It's the disheveled-ness, rake thin bodies, and skittish-ness combined that initially made me suspicious. The 'reports' about drug use just cemented this. So I suppose if the parents met this criteria, were wearing Chanel and carrying Gucci handbags then yes I would still be suspicious.
    I'm confused how you can judge how well cared for the kids are? Maybe you need to take a step back and realise that all may not be as it appears to be. Sometimes the most perfect looking families have some of the most destructive lives.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

ClearCrystal  (17-04-2014),KaraB  (19-04-2014),Lauzy  (17-04-2014),VicPark  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    I actually think it should be guilty until proven innocent when it comes to child protection.
    As appealing as it may seem to reverse it for some cases, the presumption of innocence is a cornerstone of Western justice for a very good reason.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duncan_bayne For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (17-04-2014),Chippa  (17-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    But the truth is that you may be well off the ball.

I'm confused how you can judge how well cared for the kids are? Maybe you need to take a step back and realise that all may not be as it appears to be. Sometimes the most perfect looking families have some of the most destructive lives.
    Couldn't agree with you more Pegasus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    not necessarily. I will never foster seeing all of the pain that my friend went through in loving a child other than her own, including being instructed by the birth mother not to love or cuddle the child, not being able to attend her son's sports days etc because she was too busy meeting her obligations to the Dept taking the foster child to visits with his birth mother 4 times a week. It is a very flawed system (not the workers, the system)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    As a foster carer who has cared for over a dozen children I have never had anything like this happen. There are a lot of people scared off fostering because of statements like this. Yes it's true sometimes it's not easy but it has so many rewards as well.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 17-04-2014 at 15:01.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by Acadaca; 17-04-2014 at 15:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Every mothers worst nightmare... It looks like he has a history of child s3x charges and a burnt out computer drive was found
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226889420429

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oh my god, no. Poor baby girl.
    Devastating

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Courier Mail has been responsible for some shockingly inaccurate reporting of this case. I wonder if this is just another one of their terribly inaccurate articles? There isn't any other news station that's reporting this.

ETA... While it's likely that there would be a sinister reason for the kidnapping, I would really hope that Chloe was unharmed in all of this.
    Last edited by Jakois; 19-04-2014 at 08:29.