+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If our opinions don't have any impact on anything, why shouldn't we judge or hypothesise based on what we've heard? We're all judging, even you. It just happens that some of us are a bit more realistic and on the ball
    If you think your opinions don't have an impact its because you aren't doing anything to put your opinions into action.

I know I'm not a perfect parent so I'm not going to sit on my high horse and judge another parent or their looks for that matter.

And just because people are being judgemental doesn't mean they're on the ball either.

I don't live in a fantasy world but I give people respect and compassion until all the truthful facts are out.

Not once has it come out if he's still on drugs just that he had a debt. Who's to say it isn't an old debt a bit like that article a member shared that was back from 2005.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Everyone judges. eg. I feel like I'm being judged for judging these parents.
    There's a difference there though.

These parents are being judged for something they didn't do. The judgements started as soon as it was reported she was missing.

Now I ask you a question....

If it was a well off looking parent that was acting the way the father did I bet my last dollar everyone of you who has judged them would be saying oh he's so stressed and distraught to be acting that way.

And if you don't want to be judged for something you're doing then maybe that shows you just a little to how they must be feeling.

Instead of judging them why not help instead because I'm sure their own sense of guilt would be eating at them right now.

Not every addict starts drugs thinking hey I'll become an addict today.

Try telling a smoker to quit and some will say its just not that easy.

I hope now that if the parents are in that position that someone will help them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    There's a difference there though.

These parents are being judged for something they didn't do. The judgements started as soon as it was reported she was missing.

Now I ask you a question....

If it was a well off looking parent that was acting the way the father did I bet my last dollar everyone of you who has judged them would be saying oh he's so stressed and distraught to be acting that way.
    The parents are being judged, not for the kidnapping (necessarily) but for not being able to take appropriate care of their kids. (Which I agree is subjective).

I'm not sure about the well off thing. It's the disheveled-ness, rake thin bodies, and skittish-ness combined that initially made me suspicious. The 'reports' about drug use just cemented this. So I suppose if the parents met this criteria, were wearing Chanel and carrying Gucci handbags then yes I would still be suspicious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    And this is exactly why judgements shouldn't be made as you've only heard hearsay half truths etc.

That's what is so wrong with society these days is how judgemental and small minded people are.

Ever heard the saying innocent until proven guilty. It isn't guilty until proven innocent.

Must be nice to be able sit up on a high horse and judge all the common parents below while being perfect and not making any mistakes.
    I actually think it should be guilty until proven innocent when it comes to child protection. It seems the parents rights always come before the child's. I know this for a fact having had very first hand experience with docs.

I also hate the idea that lower standards of care should just be accepted as normal in some families. There should be a standard of care that is accepted as reasonable for all children and there should be no compromising on that. Regardless of race, socioeconomic status etc. I hate the idea that some children in Australia are born into third world, atrocious conditions and the standard line is that is just their bad luck.

It's a case of not enough funding and people willing to love children other than their own.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The parents are being judged, not for the kidnapping (necessarily) but for not being able to take appropriate care of their kids. (Which I agree is subjective).

I'm not sure about the well off thing. It's the disheveled-ness, rake thin bodies, and skittish-ness combined that initially made me suspicious. The 'reports' about drug use just cemented this. So I suppose if the parents met this criteria, were wearing Chanel and carrying Gucci handbags then yes I would still be suspicious.
    Yes they were being judged for the kidnapping I could go through and quote the number of posts saying the dad had something to do with it because of the way he was acting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    It's a case of not enough funding and people willing to love children other than their own.
    The funding part I agree with but the second part just hugely oversimplifies a vert complex issue. Its not about the amount of love someone has, taking in foster kids is not easy most of the time, one of my very close friends is a foster carer and it takes a huge toll on her family.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I'm thinking what the grubby media would report about me if something untoward happened...

"Ex-nightclub worker, unmarried mother of 2, Busy-Bee appeared disheveled and distressed as she was led away for questioning by the police."

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

ClearCrystal  (17-04-2014),HippyGirl85  (17-04-2014),KaraB  (19-04-2014),Mokeybear  (17-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I'm thinking what the grubby media would report about me if something untoward happened...

"Ex-nightclub worker, unmarried mother of 2, Busy-Bee appeared disheveled and distressed as she was led away for questioning by the police."
    And she had a wishing well at her wedding.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (17-04-2014),Busy-Bee  (17-04-2014),Chippa  (17-04-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (19-04-2014),GreenMama  (17-04-2014),haveheart  (17-04-2014),HippyGirl85  (17-04-2014),Mokeybear  (17-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (17-04-2014),RipperRita  (18-04-2014),VicPark  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    The funding part I agree with but the second part just hugely oversimplifies a vert complex issue. Its not about the amount of love someone has, taking in foster kids is not easy most of the time, one of my very close friends is a foster carer and it takes a huge toll on her family.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I agree, I did over simplify. Without stating too much, I know this better than most. :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    And she had a wishing well at her wedding.
    ***gasp*** grabs at pearls.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (17-04-2014),Mokeybear  (17-04-2014),NancyBlackett  (17-04-2014)