+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think 5ITB is saying docs would already be involved given the circumstances of this case, and they 100% would be. They would have had the police and hospital notify given they are mandatory reporters, and I suspect they *may* already be known to the dept.

Many of us do have compassion for this family, I know I do. Doesn't mean the home is close to ideal to raise kids or that the dept shouldn't intervene.
    yes, this.

And as a recovered IV drug user, I certainly do have compassion for this family. And hope that they receive all the help they need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It looks like he has a criminal history.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to the news item in case he fights the charges for this case and it goes before a jury?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sky1 View Post
    It looks like he has a criminal history.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to the news item in case he fights the charges for this case and it goes before a jury?
    If it is an online news article - you should be able to share it.

It is already out there in cyber land.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ...especially the bit where you were attempting to shift the burden of responsibility of reporting on the shoulders of a bubhub member/s.
    The burden of responsibility is on ALL of us. If we have information that we feel would be beneficial to the authorities (Police, DOCs etc) then why not report it? It shouldn't matter if they are already 'involved' with the family, that 'vibe' someone may have or that snippet of a conversation someone else overhead may be the key to the children staying with their parents or being removed.

FITB ... we both want the same outcome on this one, I think we just see the path there a little differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it is an online news article - you should be able to share it.

It is already out there in cyber land.
    http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/apn...s-fire/100785/

(Mods please remove it it's not ok)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sky1 View Post
    http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/apn...s-fire/100785/

(Mods please remove it it's not ok)
    Sure it is ok to link to news articles - you can see I have been. This is a very old article though, August 2005.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    The burden of responsibility is on ALL of us. If we have information that we feel would be beneficial to the authorities (Police, DOCs etc) then why not report it? It shouldn't matter if they are already 'involved' with the family, that 'vibe' someone may have or that snippet of a conversation someone else overhead may be the key to the children staying with their parents or being removed.

FITB ... we both want the same outcome on this one, I think we just see the path there a little differently.
    Can I clarify...

Were you suggesting - a few pages back, that a BH member should make a report to DoCs, in regards to this family - based on what she as read/watched in the media?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can I clarify...

Were you suggesting - a few pages back, that a BH member should make a report to DoCs, in regards to this family - based on what she as read/watched in the media?
    FITB here is what was written ... though I'm sure you quoted this post earlier.

If you feel so strongly about it would be more beneficial to call Dept of Child Services and report your concerns ... running the parents/family down on a forum is not the way to help them.
    Is that such an odd suggestion? To report your concerns? People have been very vocal on their concerns for the welfare of the children, if they have information that will help these children why shouldn't they report?

As I said before ... FITB we both want the same outcome for this, we just have different views on the path there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think people are trying to say the dept would 100% already be involved. I can guarantee they would be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure it is ok to link to news articles - you can see I have been. This is a very old article though, August 2005.
    Sorry, I meant old news articles, not ones regarding the current case.

Eg. If the accused fights the charges and it goes before a jury, then a jury may find it hard to be impartial if they've read about prior convictions? (I remember a couple of news article about Adrian Bayley's prior convictions was removed by a news website for this reason, when he was initially pleading not guilty).

I guess the News-Mail has left it there though, so it must be ok (perhaps? lol)

This is a very old article though, August 2005.
    Yep, that's why I wasn't sure about posting. After 9 years he may now be a completely drug-free, law abiding citizen who doesn't light fires anymore...but a jury may think that his past behaviour suggests he is guilty.
    Last edited by sky1; 17-04-2014 at 11:00.