+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Because of their appearance and rumours of drug use, it is assumed they are both on drugs?

It's like assuming anyone with several tattoos who rides a motorbike is a bikie.

These people are being judged for how they appeared in a difficult situation. Perceived to be on drugs because of speculation and rumour.

The focus of this thread should now be about the perpetrator and justice being served for Chloe & her Family.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (16-04-2014),BeeSam  (16-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm so very pleased she has been found safe and well, and that they caught this weirdo.

But it doesn't mean they aren't drug addicts. They themselves were saying the kidnapper was probably known to them (no doubt suspecting it was over the drug debt he owed).

I don't think all drug users should lose custody of their kids, I think people just want them to get the help they need. Clearly Chloe is not living in an ideal situation, and the dept may be able to offer rehab and counselling for the family without taking her away.

Pretty much every topic discussed on here could be seen as judging parents. You only have to take a glance at sections like the anti circ and debate it sections to see a whole heap of judgments about other people's parenting, using emotive, offensive language. Yet not surprisingly it stays.

A parenting forum means people discuss parenting choices. There have been some strong opinions in this thread, some that even I bawk at. But ultimately they are people's opinions and are not breaking the rules of the forum.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (16-04-2014),Gracie's Mum  (16-04-2014)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm so very pleased she has been found safe and well, and that they caught this weirdo.

But it doesn't mean they aren't drug addicts. They themselves were saying the kidnapper was probably known to them (no doubt suspecting it was over the drug debt he owed).

I don't think all drug users should lose custody of their kids, I think people just want them to get the help they need. Clearly Chloe is not living in an ideal situation, and the dept may be able to offer rehab and counselling for the family without taking her away.

Pretty much every topic discussed on here could be seen as judging parents. You only have to take a glance at sections like the anti circ and debate it sections to see a whole heap of judgments about other people's parenting, using emotive, offensive language. Yet not surprisingly it stays.

A parenting forum means people discuss parenting choices. There have been some strong opinions in this thread, some that even I bawk at. But ultimately they are people's opinions and are not breaking the rules of the forum.
    Agree.
    I get judged because I apparently mutilated my kid because we got him circumcised (medical reasons)

Anyway it's ok for people to think I'm a bad mum based on that one detail. Yet for me to say I have a bad feeling about the father in this situation is not ok?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (16-04-2014)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ..erm...the authorities are already quite 'involved' with this family.

What an odd comment.
    I must have missed reading the article about DOCs involvement with this family prior to the kidnapping. Whether that is the case or not, I find it strange that you feel reporting concerns to DOC's is an 'odd comment'. If we all sit back and leave it to someone else to report the concerns, a child/family may slip through the cracks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

Mod-pegasus  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    I must have missed reading the article about DOCs involvement with this family prior to the kidnapping. Whether that is the case or not, I find it strange that you feel reporting concerns to DOC's is an 'odd comment'. If we all sit back and leave it to someone else to report the concerns, a child/family may slip through the cracks.
    seriously?

This family has had the police in their lives for the last how many days... Are you saying that they don't have a duty to report?

I get that you and others aren't a fan of the judgement that has been passed on this family by social media. I get that - but seriously...be realistic.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't mean to go over the same thing again and again snd agree focus should now be on the person arrested.

But to clarify my previous position again my opinion isn't based just on how he acted. Nor do I believe the media spin is accurate but there is normally some degree of probable truth in their witnesses/ sources.

He himself admitted that he thought he knew who it was ( which it wasn't but he obviously has enemies)

He was arrested for drunk and disorderly abd public fighting

Several ppl have come forward saying the family lifestyle is not wuite right including family friends and strangers

A hubber saw them in person and had similar thoughts

The person who kidnapped her felt she was in a bad home (obviously he unwell himself but how would he know unless this family is generally known by the community)

While police ruled out parents ivolvement they have been very careful to never officially validate a single thing the dad said. I don't know if this is standard but it seems odd to me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (16-04-2014)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    seriously?

This family has had the police in their lives for the last how many days... Are you saying that they don't have a duty to report?

I get that you and others aren't a fan of the judgement that has been passed on this family by social media. I get that - but seriously...be realistic.
    You must have misread my post ... I said I obviously missed reading about DOCs involvement with this family PRIOR to this incident.

I suppose it is unrealistic of me to hope that people have a hint of compassion for the children and parents and report their concerns to DOCs. Then again, I have been accused of living in Fairyland, so maybe I do expect people to step up and voice their concerns to the relevant authorities when they feel strongly about something, even if they assume the authorities have heard it all before.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I suppose it is unrealistic of me to hope that people have a hint of compassion for the children and parents and report their concerns to DOCs.
    I think 5ITB is saying docs would already be involved given the circumstances of this case, and they 100% would be. They would have had the police and hospital notify given they are mandatory reporters, and I suspect they *may* already be known to the dept.

Many of us do have compassion for this family, I know I do. Doesn't mean the home is close to ideal to raise kids or that the dept shouldn't intervene.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum is an alcoholic. When I was in primary school she did something that mortified me. It's nothing at all like what poor Chloe went through but it still affects me to this day. Lots of parents at the school knew about it and did nothing. If my mum had access to bubhub at the time and read what people were saying about her I think it would have been a huge wake up call. My mum is still an alcoholic and as her daughter, I've only had the courage to confront her twice in 25yrs. I think it's quite obvious these parents need help. Tip toeing around it is not helping their children.
    Maybe Chloe's mum will read this thread and realise mistakes have been made (incase a kidnapping isn't clear enough) and do something about it. I think sometimes it's ok to state the obvious. Maybe someone else reading this might change their own behaviour.
    Not everything on here is nice and we don't always agree, but you never know what your thoughts or experiences might do to help another girl like Chloe.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (16-04-2014),VicPark  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You must have misread my post ... I said I obviously missed reading about DOCs involvement with this family PRIOR to this incident.

I suppose it is unrealistic of me to hope that people have a hint of compassion for the children and parents and report their concerns to DOCs. Then again, I have been accused of living in Fairyland, so maybe I do expect people to step up and voice their concerns to the relevant authorities when they feel strongly about something, even if they assume the authorities have heard it all before.
    You must have missed the conversation WE were having PRIOR to that comment?

...especially the bit where you were attempting to shift the burden of responsibility of reporting on the shoulders of a bubhub member/s.

I obviously have missed the bit you mentioned, or I mentioned 'PRIOR' DoCs involvement.
    Your reply was to my post about 'authorities already being involved' ..by 'authorities' I was referring to the police. Maybe you interpreted it differently?