+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Latest update:
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226885938272

For the non clickers:

THE man who allegedly kidnapped a Childers toddler is not linked to the family - and drugs were not involved, police say. Eden James Kane, 45-year-old from South Isis, near Childers, appeared in Bundaberg Magistrates Court this morning after he was arrested last night.
    He did not apply for bail and is due to appear in court again tomorrow.
    The man’s house has been turned into a crime scene while his yellow car has been seized for evidence.
    Detective inspector Bruce McNab said the man had been charged with break and enter, child abduction and deprivation of liberty.
    He said the man’s name came up in the course of investigations Monday morning. The information did not come from appeals to the public but through police work.
    He said the man was not linked to the family and that drugs were not involved.
    His alleged motive will come out in the court process, he said.
    “There is no link to the family that we know of, there is no link to drug that we know of,” he said.
    Police had been following a number of leads from the public and from the victim.
    Det inspect McNab said he was pleased with the result of many hours and days of investigative work.
    “It’s a great result. It was fantastic news when (she) was found and we still had the job to do of who took her,” he said.
    “After all the effort and work it’s a fantastic result.”
    McNab also said police will allege the man appeared to have acted alone.
    He said police would allege a motive as to why the man targeted that family and child.
    The victim of the crime cannot be identified for legal reasons.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Mod-RaryGirl  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He showered her?! What a CREEP! I feel sick

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How awful for poor Chloe. Goodness knows what happened to her.

I still think the dad and possibly the mum are on drugs. I hold dhs takes a look and offers support to parents and ensures the kids are safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The guy obviously has a screw lose.
    Seems he thought he was doing her a favour by taking her away?
    I wonder if the dad has been so skittish because he's been threatened by people to either do better or they'll make sure the children get taken away.
    The whole situation is sick. Obviously a normal person who thought a child was in an unsafe or abusive situation would do something about it, but not abduct them.
    It's a sad world we live in.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    I still think the dad and possibly the mum are on drugs. I hold dhs takes a look and offers support to parents and ensures the kids are safe.
    If you feel so strongly about it would be more beneficial to call Dept of Child Services and report your concerns ... running the parents/family down on a forum is not the way to help them.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

BeeSam  (16-04-2014),Busy-Bee  (16-04-2014),ClearCrystal  (16-04-2014),CompareTheMeerkat  (16-04-2014),Lauzy  (16-04-2014),misskittyfantastico  (16-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (16-04-2014),PomPoms  (16-04-2014),Purple Lily  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh he prob has mental health problems. Very bloody scary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lordy can't even have an opinion these days. Yeh right I'm gonna call then and say I saw those ppl on telly and got a bad vibe.

I honestly don't know why hb has a forum and members and mods expect ppl not to gossip.

This traffic is the bread and butter of Bh.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (16-04-2014),haveheart  (16-04-2014),sky1  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    If you feel so strongly about it would be more beneficial to call Dept of Child Services and report your concerns ... running the parents/family down on a forum is not the way to help them.
    ..pretty sure DoCS are aware of the situation now.

How is hoping that the parents are offered support to ensure the children are safe, "running them down"?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (16-04-2014),Gracie's Mum  (16-04-2014),Phony  (16-04-2014)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ..pretty sure DoCS are aware of the situation now.

How is hoping that the parents are offered support to ensure the children are safe, "running them down"?
    I was referring to the parents on drugs line, so many, many people on social media in general (not saying just BH) have condemned the parents on a 'vibe' or because they didn't like how they looked - I just hope that some shared that concern with the authorities to ensure the family DO receive the help they need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    I was referring to the parents on drugs line, so many, many people on social media in general (not saying just BH) have condemned the parents on a 'vibe' or because they didn't like how they looked - I just hope that some shared that concern with the authorities to ensure the family DO receive the help they need.
    ..erm...the authorities are already quite 'involved' with this family.

What an odd comment.