+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    I spent a goodly amount of time last night reflecting on why some of the comments on this thread have affected me so much. The thing is, if my son was abducted and anyone did any digging into my past, they would certainly find some unsavoury characters - yes, people I would think twice about having any contact with now I have a child, and there's no way on earth they will ever know where I live. I am shy and can imagine myself being all kinds of twitchy on camera. I struggle to make eye contact with strangers. I am very private, so being confronted with expressing my raw grief and fear in a public arena such as the media would be overwhelming. And, to be frank, if my son was abducted I would either be drunk or they would have to sedate me.

I guess the thought of, on top of all that, people making decisions about my level of guilt or personal culpability based on such matters just doesn't sit right with me. It feels like victim blaming. I guess I can understand the level of antipathy for drug users/dealers, especially where children are involved. I am sure that addicts are likely to feel far more self-hatred than anyone can throw at them over the internet.

No addict ever sets out to become hopelessly addicted, unhealthy, in debt, in mental and physical crisis. But we live in a world where, for the most part, drugs are celebrated. Look at Rihanna's twitter - constant photos of her drug use. Songs/movies about drinking and drugs. Look at The Hangover! I just feel like our youth are really up against it, and I would hope that, as parents, we would show compassion to our children if they were faced with some very real and dire long-term consequences to some poor choices that are generally made as teens, when their decision-making capabilities aren't even fully developed yet. Rather than implying that they deserve what they get if their 3 year old daughter is abducted.
    Well said @mrsharvey!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This article has a picture of the accused:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/2267...ction-of-girl/

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think anyone is saying they deserve to get their child abducted.

I guess these things don't sit right with me because I am sick and tired of hearing time and time and time again of incidences where children have been left with their parents and it's ended badly.
    Keisha Abraham, that little baby in the US - Benjamin- who was left for 8 days in his car seat in his room who eventually died, that young kid who killed his newborn, that man who murdered his son at cricket training....I could go on.

I'm not saying Chloe's parents are anything like this, not at all but for me id rather err on the side of caution when something doesn't feel right. I'm not saying IM RIGHT, I'm saying to me it doesn't feel right. This doesn't make me a bad person or that I have no compassion, it's just my instincts are telling me something different to yours.

I don't pretend to be an expert in child welfare and ask me how the system works I wouldn't have the faintest clue but too many kids are dying at the hands of their parents.

There are so many wonderful parents out there from all walks of life and then there are some truly disgusting ones.

I have compassion for drug addicts, I don't condone it but I can understand it is a never ending spiral. However, I just can't accept it when kids are involved. You do what you can for your kids and you keep them in a stable, safe environment. Even if the parents had nothing to do with Chloe's abduction, she is still in an unsafe environment. She could still easily grow up with an addiction problem because that's all she knows? Drug addicts deal with drug dealers who are just plain disgusting.

I'm glad she's safe and I'm glad it's said the dad didn't have anything to do with it. But honestly I can't believe it 100%. I feel like there's more to it than that. I still believe more info will come to light. I just can't understand why a random stranger would pick a random house and take a kid? And if I'm wrong I'll accept that. And I hope to god I am.

That's my opinion.
    No different than having an opinion on a completely unrelated subject.
    Last edited by lexim; 16-04-2014 at 10:34.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (16-04-2014),VicPark  (16-04-2014)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Update from local radio HITZ 93.9 via their FB Page. The matter has been adjourned until tomorrow.

*****UPDATE*****

An emotional scene outside a Bundaberg Court house after the appearance of the man accused of allegedly abducting a three year old girl from her Childers home last week.

Inside the Courtroom the prosecution told the Magistrate the defendant made admissions to police that he took the girl and brought her back.

The forty five year old sat in the docks attempting to hide his face as the parents of the three year old saw for the first time the man alleged to have held their daughter in his South Isis home for more than forty two hours.

The prosecution told the court the accused had stated he showered the young girl and washed her hair because he was worried about the condition she was in.

Magistrate Deb Vasta adjourned the matter for tomorrow allowing the defended time with a duty lawyer.

Outside the court the three year olds mother broke down.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    Update from local radio HITZ 93.9 via their FB Page. The matter has been adjourned until tomorrow.
    That's really creepy, he showered her....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Court: Accused abductor 'felt sorry' for how girl was living

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/man...pbell/2231485/
    Last edited by sky1; 16-04-2014 at 11:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    "The prosecution told the court the accused had stated he showered the young girl and washed her hair because he was worried about the condition she was in."

Thanks
    Reviews
    What an absolute grub. Yuk! I hope they don't let him off lightly.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    I spent a goodly amount of time last night reflecting on why some of the comments on this thread have affected me so much. The thing is, if my son was abducted and anyone did any digging into my past, they would certainly find some unsavoury characters - yes, people I would think twice about having any contact with now I have a child, and there's no way on earth they will ever know where I live. I am shy and can imagine myself being all kinds of twitchy on camera. I struggle to make eye contact with strangers. I am very private, so being confronted with expressing my raw grief and fear in a public arena such as the media would be overwhelming. And, to be frank, if my son was abducted I would either be drunk or they would have to sedate me.

I guess the thought of, on top of all that, people making decisions about my level of guilt or personal culpability based on such matters just doesn't sit right with me. It feels like victim blaming. I guess I can understand the level of antipathy for drug users/dealers, especially where children are involved. I am sure that addicts are likely to feel far more self-hatred than anyone can throw at them over the internet.

No addict ever sets out to become hopelessly addicted, unhealthy, in debt, in mental and physical crisis. But we live in a world where, for the most part, drugs are celebrated. Look at Rihanna's twitter - constant photos of her drug use. Songs/movies about drinking and drugs. Look at The Hangover! I just feel like our youth are really up against it, and I would hope that, as parents, we would show compassion to our children if they were faced with some very real and dire long-term consequences to some poor choices that are generally made as teens, when their decision-making capabilities aren't even fully developed yet. Rather than implying that they deserve what they get if their 3 year old daughter is abducted.

This is one of the top 5 posts I have read in my near 7 year life on the hub.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (16-04-2014),cluckcluck  (16-04-2014),harvs  (16-04-2014),LoveLivesHere  (16-04-2014),misskittyfantastico  (16-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (16-04-2014),PomPoms  (16-04-2014),Purple Lily  (16-04-2014),RipperRita  (16-04-2014),Rutabaga  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ll