+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if there'll be any more arrests? In this video Tammy says "I'm just glad they caught the person...well one of the people"

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/04/16/06/38/man-charged-with-abduction-of-three-year-old-queensland-girl

EDITED TO ADD: Looks like there'll be a press conference this morning:

A Queensland police spokeswoman declined to say if the man was a family friend.

"We don't confirm relationships," she said.

Detective Inspector Bruce McNab is holding a media conference in Bundaberg on Wednesday morning.
    Last edited by sky1; 16-04-2014 at 07:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Totally ot but where is the speling and grammar vent thread when you need it? I need to giggle about about rocker science and pedalstools

As for the truth of it all, who knows? Time will tell. I know earlier the dad was getting bagged out for not saying he knew where she was. Well maybe he has good reason not to say, who knows what they would have done to Chloe if he'd dobbed them in. I just wonder what the authorities are going throw at the lowlifes who took little Chloe. I hour they catch the pigs.
    A bit like speling too hey ;-)

I'm on my phone so it changes words occasionally.

Now someone has been charged maybe the mud throwing can stop.

People shouldn't be judging others as nobody is perfect period and if you think you're a perfect parent I'm sure someone out there thinks you're not.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    UPDATE WEDNESDAY 8.15AM: Following the arrest of a Childers man last night for the abduction of three-year-old Chloe Campbell, Detective Inspector Bruce McNab has told media the suspect in the case had no link to the girl's family.

Speaking in Childers this morning, Det Insp McNab said even though investigations were still being made, it was believed the man also acted alone.

ETA: From NewsMail.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It will be interesting to see the court results later this morning.

*ahem*, now..waaaay off topic... am I the only one who thinks "McNab" is an absolutely brilliant name for a member of the police force?!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (16-04-2014),Buttoneska  (16-04-2014),CazHazKidz  (16-04-2014),CitrusRainxxx  (16-04-2014),GreenMama  (16-04-2014),HippyGirl85  (16-04-2014),penny92  (16-04-2014),sky1  (16-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (16-04-2014)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    *ahem*, now..waaaay off topic... am I the only one who thinks "McNab" is an absolutely brilliant name for a member of the police force?!
    Yes!
    On the same theme - many many years ago I worked for a solicitors and discovered the town had a Judge called...[wait for it]... Judge Hanger.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (16-04-2014),FiveInTheBed  (16-04-2014)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/man...pbell/2231485/

Here is a link to the Police interview.

For the non-clickers ...

UPDATE 8.30AM WEDNESDAY: Police investigating the abduction of a three-year-old girl from her Childers home have said the man alleged to have carried it out had no links to the family.

Speaking at a press conference in Childers today, Detective Inspector Bruce McNab said at this stage, all indications were that the man acted alone.

"I think it's safe to say that he has no links to the family," he said.

"Everything at this stage is indicating he acted alone."

Det Insp McNab said investigations were still under way to determine whether the family from being specifically targeted by the alleged offender.

"He was not known to the family and there was obviously a reason he selected the family but I don't want to go into much more than that."

More to come

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (16-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Spout View Post
    Since this fella has been charged now they're blanking out Chloe and mum and dads faces in re news reports?
    That is standard to protect minors, also her name usually isn't printed in the media while the matter is before the courts either.
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 16-04-2014 at 10:09.

mumbron is offline Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm just so relieved that Chloe was found safe and soundly and I hope this doesn't effect her in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The News Mail have added further information/quotes from the Police media statement/interview this morning. Here is the full story ...

UPDATE 8.30AM WEDNESDAY: Police investigating the abduction of a three-year-old girl from her Childers home have said the man alleged to have carried it out had no links to the family.

Speaking at a press conference in Childers today, Detective Inspector Bruce McNab said at this stage, all indications were that the man acted alone.

"I think it's safe to say that he has no links to the family," he said.

"Everything at this stage is indicating he acted alone."

Det Insp McNab said investigations were still under way to determine whether the family from being specifically targeted by the alleged offender.

"He was not known to the family and there was obviously a reason he selected the family but I don't want to go into much more than that."

Det Insp McNab said police investigations revealed the alleged abductor was a person of interest.

"Basically as a result of this investigation this person was identified as a person of interest and detectives went and spoke to the person and certain admissions were made by the offender that was corroborated by some of the material we were developing as they day went by," he said.

"I said yesterday the investigation was moving at a rapid pace and it certainly did that yesterday afternoon.

"We had one piece of information that came to us and then that was enlarged into the arrest last night."

Det Insp McNab said a South Isis home and a car located in Maryborough had been seized in the process of the investigation.

"We've seized a house and a motor vehicle we located at Maryborough and we're declaring both of them as crime scenes and we're conducting forensic examinations of both that house and the motor vehicle," he said.

Det Insp McNab said the alleged abductor was also not one of the 20 people who gave DNA and finger and foot prints to police, but said the man was being monitored.

Intel staff had been tracking this man's movements.

"Intel staff had been tracking this man's movements," he said.

Det Insp McNab praised the work of police who had worked tirelessly in the investigation.

"This is the culmination of an exhaustive investigation that's been going since last Thursday," he said.

The inspector said the family had been notified of the arrest last night.

"They're obviously relieved that this person's been located and is appearing in court today."

TUESDAY 11.30PM: A 45-year-old Childers man has been charged with the alleged abduction of a Childers three-year-old.

It will be alleged the man took girl, who cannot be named under Queensland law, from inside her Ridgway St home in the early hours of last Thursday, before returning her to the Childers Showgrounds 42 hours later.

The motive for the alleged kidnapping is not yet known.

It is understood he was located Tuesday afternoon by detectives from the Bundaberg Criminal Investigation Branch.

He was arrested and charged with the abduction shortly after 11pm on Tuesday.

The man, who is a father himself, is facing one count each of burglary, child stealing and deprivation of liberty.

He will appear in the Bundaberg Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning.
    Link to the News Mail story.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I spent a goodly amount of time last night reflecting on why some of the comments on this thread have affected me so much. The thing is, if my son was abducted and anyone did any digging into my past, they would certainly find some unsavoury characters - yes, people I would think twice about having any contact with now I have a child, and there's no way on earth they will ever know where I live. I am shy and can imagine myself being all kinds of twitchy on camera. I struggle to make eye contact with strangers. I am very private, so being confronted with expressing my raw grief and fear in a public arena such as the media would be overwhelming. And, to be frank, if my son was abducted I would either be drunk or they would have to sedate me.

I guess the thought of, on top of all that, people making decisions about my level of guilt or personal culpability based on such matters just doesn't sit right with me. It feels like victim blaming. I guess I can understand the level of antipathy for drug users/dealers, especially where children are involved. I am sure that addicts are likely to feel far more self-hatred than anyone can throw at them over the internet.

No addict ever sets out to become hopelessly addicted, unhealthy, in debt, in mental and physical crisis. But we live in a world where, for the most part, drugs are celebrated. Look at Rihanna's twitter - constant photos of her drug use. Songs/movies about drinking and drugs. Look at The Hangover! I just feel like our youth are really up against it, and I would hope that, as parents, we would show compassion to our children if they were faced with some very real and dire long-term consequences to some poor choices that are generally made as teens, when their decision-making capabilities aren't even fully developed yet. Rather than implying that they deserve what they get if their 3 year old daughter is abducted.

15. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (16-04-2014),babyblu11  (16-04-2014),BeeSam  (16-04-2014),btmacxxx  (16-04-2014),Busy-Bee  (16-04-2014),cheekychook  (16-04-2014),Chippa  (16-04-2014),ClearCrystal  (16-04-2014),cluckcluck  (16-04-2014),CompareTheMeerkat  (16-04-2014),Crazyfiasco  (16-04-2014),Elijahs Mum  (16-04-2014),FearlessLeader  (16-04-2014),gizmoduckus  (16-04-2014),Jennaisme  (16-04-2014),just her chameleon  (16-04-2014),Lauzy  (16-04-2014),LoveLivesHere  (16-04-2014),misskittyfantastico  (16-04-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (16-04-2014),Mod-RaryGirl  (16-04-2014),Mod-Uniquey  (16-04-2014),Mulva  (16-04-2014),NancyBlackett  (16-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (16-04-2014),Purple Lily  (16-04-2014),RipperRita  (16-04-2014),Rutabaga  (16-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (16-04-2014),sockstealingpoltergeist  (20-04-2014),TableDancer  (16-04-2014)