UPDATE 8.30AM WEDNESDAY: Police investigating the abduction of a three-year-old girl from her Childers home have said the man alleged to have carried it out had no links to the family.
Speaking at a press conference in Childers today, Detective Inspector Bruce McNab said at this stage, all indications were that the man acted alone.
"I think it's safe to say that he has no links to the family," he said.
"Everything at this stage is indicating he acted alone."
Det Insp McNab said investigations were still under way to determine whether the family from being specifically targeted by the alleged offender.
"He was not known to the family and there was obviously a reason he selected the family but I don't want to go into much more than that."
Det Insp McNab said police investigations revealed the alleged abductor was a person of interest.
"Basically as a result of this investigation this person was identified as a person of interest and detectives went and spoke to the person and certain admissions were made by the offender that was corroborated by some of the material we were developing as they day went by," he said.
"I said yesterday the investigation was moving at a rapid pace and it certainly did that yesterday afternoon.
"We had one piece of information that came to us and then that was enlarged into the arrest last night."
Det Insp McNab said a South Isis home and a car located in Maryborough had been seized in the process of the investigation.
"We've seized a house and a motor vehicle we located at Maryborough and we're declaring both of them as crime scenes and we're conducting forensic examinations of both that house and the motor vehicle," he said.
Det Insp McNab said the alleged abductor was also not one of the 20 people who gave DNA and finger and foot prints to police, but said the man was being monitored.
Intel staff had been tracking this man's movements.
"Intel staff had been tracking this man's movements," he said.
Det Insp McNab praised the work of police who had worked tirelessly in the investigation.
"This is the culmination of an exhaustive investigation that's been going since last Thursday," he said.
The inspector said the family had been notified of the arrest last night.
"They're obviously relieved that this person's been located and is appearing in court today."
TUESDAY 11.30PM: A 45-year-old Childers man has been charged with the alleged abduction of a Childers three-year-old.
It will be alleged the man took girl, who cannot be named under Queensland law, from inside her Ridgway St home in the early hours of last Thursday, before returning her to the Childers Showgrounds 42 hours later.
The motive for the alleged kidnapping is not yet known.
It is understood he was located Tuesday afternoon by detectives from the Bundaberg Criminal Investigation Branch.
He was arrested and charged with the abduction shortly after 11pm on Tuesday.
The man, who is a father himself, is facing one count each of burglary, child stealing and deprivation of liberty.
He will appear in the Bundaberg Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning.