+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    I love it how we can now speculate and throw in a bit of judgement now she has been found but when she was missing these types of posts were being deleted! Interesting!
    It's a little different. Before there was no evidence the parents were dodge so it could have been perceived that people were picking on poor parents who had their kid nicked. Now evidence is starting to come out (the father is on drugs etc) so it's a little more acceptable to call them out as dirtbags.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (15-04-2014)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    School holidays means some may not be online as much (on school holidays I'm on usually when my kids are in bed or when I'm working). I just checked reports while making lunch and now see speculation as to why mods aren't deleting posts.

The are numerous reasons - one - the moderation capabilities are different on the phone -so posts are treated differently, 2 as suggested, we may not be online given its school holidays, 3 the situation has changed on one level now that we know Chloe is alive. The comparisons to other children who'd been murdered was completely off base. As to the defamatory now to the parents -its still very unsavory, a lot of hearsay, and may get deleted yet. FACTS are sadly lacking in this thread

As has also been said, people persist in their judging and speculating. Honestly? The majority of people with addictions most wouldn't recognize them in the street. We don't know how much outside care was happening, we still don't know the true facts about whether Chloe was in fact taken in retribution for her fathers supposed debts.

Anyway, this will all be looked at properly when a mod is at a PC.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (15-04-2014),Mokeybear  (15-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (15-04-2014),Purple Lily  (15-04-2014)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    I love it how we can now speculate and throw in a bit of judgement now she has been found but when she was missing these types of posts were being deleted! Interesting!
    (Mod hat off) The judging/speculation in this thread makes me feel absolutely disgusted. The speculation before and after little Chloe was found is both the same - in poor form.

Now ... with the Mod hat back on, I'm linking to an update from QPS on the case. I've highlighted a couple of quotes from the Police for your information.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/chl...olice/2228233/

For those who don't like to click ...
    UPDATE 2.58PM TUESDAY: An extra 10 detectives have arrive in Childers today in an effort to track down the person or people who abducted three-year-old Chloe Campbell from her family home.

Speaking to the media in Childers this after, Detective Inspector Bruce McNab said police were still calling on the public to come forward with any information they could, and said no suspects had been eliminated at this stage.

"Police have interviewed a number of people in the Childers area," he said.

"People have come forward to provide their DNA and foot prints and fingerprints.

"We'd appeal to anyone who may have been walking in the eartly hours of the morning in the days leading up to her abduction and may have observed someone acting suspiciously in the area, or a vehicle," he said.

Det Insp McNab said while there were many rumours flying around, police would listen to anyone who came to them with information.

"We welcome any idea and we'll follow it to its logical conclusion," he said.

"We're not discouraging anyone coming forward with any theories or ideas.

"We would encourage people to ring Crime Stoppers and we will follow any ideas they've got to a logical conclusion."

Det Insp McNab said Chloe's parents were not considered suspects, and said it could take time to eliminate others from the investigation because it could take time for DNA results to arrive back.

"Some of the DNA is coming in in the next week or so and other DNA will take some time," he said.

He said a number of people were being investigated but refused to say how many.

Det Insp McNab said parents in the area should take the usual precautions but it wasn't thought any other children were at risk of the same events.

"We believe (the abduction) was directed at Chloe," he said.

"We don't have any information at hand that anyone else is at risk."

However, Det Insp McNab also said detectives had no evidence that Chloe's family were being targeted in the lead-up to the crime.

"We don't have any evidence to date that someone was targeting them leading up to her being abducted from the house but we're keeping an open mind," he said.

Det Insp McNab said young Chloe had been helpful with investigations.

"She's provided us with information, she's provided her family with information and it's really been of benefit," he said.

"Someone in Childers or the surrounding areas has answer as to who took Chloe and we are staying here until we find the answer to that question."

Det Insp Mcnab said today's influx of detectives takes the number of detectives working on the case to the "25-30" mark.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (15-04-2014),BH-KatiesMum  (15-04-2014),Busy-Bee  (15-04-2014),Chippa  (15-04-2014),CitrusRainxxx  (15-04-2014),Mokeybear  (15-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (15-04-2014),Purple Lily  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I didnt mean it in a bad way against the mods. Just that them asking people to stop earlier on made no difference whatsoever so why bother IYKWIM?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It stopped me from jumping in and calling the parents out for being dirtbags until after little Chloe was found safe...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BeeSam  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    When I encountered them a few months back walking through the Main Street in town both the parents were so obviously drug/alcohol affected with 4 kids walking barefooted with them late at night. (Little baby was in a stroller) This is why I got immediate dodgy feelings about all of this. It's just revolting.
    This comment is revolting. Talking like you know them, sure people can speculate but to speak like one meeting in the street months ago makes you an expert on this family. WOW..

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeeSam For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (15-04-2014),KaraB  (15-04-2014),Lauzy  (15-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (15-04-2014),Purple Lily  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps this thread should be closed?

Any new facts or news of an arrest will be available via the news/media/police websites.

I don't think there's much that can be added to this thread as Chloe's been found and discussion of the family etc is off-limits

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sky1 For This Useful Post:

ClearCrystal  (15-04-2014),KaraB  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    "Det Insp McNab said Chloe's parents were not considered suspects, and said it could take time to eliminate others from the investigation because it could take time for DNA results to arrive back."

Like RaryGirl highlighted in bold. Not considered.

That CCTV footage does not look like it was taken a midnight to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeSam View Post
    This comment is revolting. Talking like you know them, sure people can speculate but to speak like one meeting in the street months ago makes you an expert on this family. WOW..
    She never said she was an expert? So her comment is revolting but small children out late at night walking the streets with no shoes on with clearly drug / alcohol affected parents is not? What decent parent wouldnt judge such a scene? Honestly?

All righty then ( im confused!?)

Its bizzare here in bubhub land sometimes......

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

dee1  (15-04-2014),Gracie's Mum  (15-04-2014),hopefulmama2b  (15-04-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (15-04-2014),LoCo  (15-04-2014),mrswhitehouse  (15-04-2014),RobinSparkles  (15-04-2014),Serenity Love  (15-04-2014),Starfish30  (15-04-2014),VicPark  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by sky1 View Post
    Perhaps this thread should be closed?

Any new facts or news of an arrest will be available via the news/media/police websites.

I don't think there's much that can be added to this thread as Chloe's been found and discussion of the family etc is off-limits
    I don't think the thread should be closed. What's the point in having a forum and the Internet if people cant discuss things like this? Like it or not It's a hot parenting topic at the moment and if we start being all 'close it down' then well the forum will lose its relevance. As long as people aren't being nasty to each other, grossly offensive or breaking the law then enough of the censorship.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyblu11  (15-04-2014),FiveInTheBed  (15-04-2014),Gracie's Mum  (15-04-2014),haveheart  (15-04-2014),LoCo  (15-04-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (16-04-2014),Serenity Love  (15-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeSam View Post
    That's a bit dramatic. It's a birds eye view of the family in question and because it doesn't fit a perfect picture it's revolting?. Like it or not this family isn't a shining example of parenting.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (15-04-2014),Serenity Love  (15-04-2014)