+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Chloe almost paid with her life. Her parents nearly got her killed and have traumatised her beyond comprehension. If they were any sort of decent parents they world have told the police the truth once she was taken. But yet again they put themselves first.
    Yep .... absolutely disgusting of them.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (13-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (13-04-2014)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    And yeh who knows what the truth is pertaining to what Family told police and what went to media. They may have told police truth but it was kept from media etc. they may have been advised not to say too much. Who knows?

Doesn't change that their household is toxic and they endangering Their children. It seemed apparent the mother loved her kids very much I'm not disputing that. I just think kids are not safe ATM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (14-04-2014),Serenity Love  (14-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (13-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am not one to judge and like to give the benefit of the doubt, so when people had started blaming drugs for the reason of Chloe's abduction, I didn't buy into it. I prefer to hear facts.

To now learn that it's reported that the father is to blame for having a drug debt saddens me and also makes me so angry at the same time.

I feel for these poor children, knowing what it can be like for children to be raised in a drug related environment. I just hope that the system doesn't let them down and they are protected from now on. I feel nothing for the parents at this point in time, well apart from anger and disgust.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyblu11 For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (14-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (14-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    I've struggled to have my children and I think your post is downright rude.
    Im a happily married woman, we have good careers etc but I dont think like you.
    They are still loving parents who try the best they know how and both them and their child did not deserve the abduction.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Their best is pretty $hithouse.... Not good enough for those kids who deserve better parents !

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (14-04-2014),dee1  (15-04-2014),emzluvbub  (14-04-2014),Gracie's Mum  (14-04-2014),LoCo  (14-04-2014),mrswhitehouse  (14-04-2014),Pearl Barley  (14-04-2014),SAgirl  (14-04-2014),Serenity Love  (14-04-2014),Starfish30  (14-04-2014),withloveandlimits  (14-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I can empathise with parents and understand many factors contribute to these situations and I think we should support them to improve their life etc etc

But end of the day first and foremost children need protecting beit from dangerous strangers or unhealthy family. It's that's simple in my mind.

Save the children and the rest is a bonus. Ideally have a healthy relationship with parents and stay in family home but if parents can't do that for whatever reason then children are better off away.

Chloe almost paid with her life. Her parents nearly got her killed and have traumatised her beyond comprehension. If they were any sort of decent parents they world have told the police the truth once she was taken. But yet again they put themselves first.
    I agree with you but did I miss something saying that they withheld the info from police? Because just because they didn't release this info to the public until after she was returned doesn't mean the police didn't know all along - the police withhold information from the public in cases like this a lot, the parents would have been told what to say in their statements etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (14-04-2014),Buttoneska  (14-04-2014),Lauzy  (14-04-2014),Rutabaga  (14-04-2014)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I agree with you but did I miss something saying that they withheld the info from police? Because just because they didn't release this info to the public until after she was returned doesn't mean the police didn't know all along - the police withhold information from the public in cases like this a lot, the parents would have been told what to say in their statements etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I read online that they hadn't told police about the threats nine weeks ago at the time or after she was taken. Pp said sge read other reports and I posted that that's very true they may have told police who kept it secret.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read online that they hadn't told police about the threats nine weeks ago at the time or after she was taken. Pp said sge read other reports and I posted that that's very true they may have told police who kept it secret.
    That's what was reported this morning and he was quoted saying he had no idea who would take his daughter and there were no reasons they could think of y they were targeted a family friend told the police about the threat weeks before

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get gut feelings about stories and I did with this one. I kept my speculations to myself and once reading the update about the drug debt really made me angry for that poor girl and her other siblings.

Let's hope her parents learn from this for the sake of their kids!

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luminary For This Useful Post:

Phony  (14-04-2014),~Marigold~  (14-04-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminary View Post
    I get gut feelings about stories and I did with this one. I kept my speculations to myself and once reading the update about the drug debt really made me angry for that poor girl and her other siblings.

Let's hope her parents learn from this for the sake of their kids!

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️
    This is exactly how I felt ^ I didn't voice it either as it felt unfair to point fingers without any evidence.
    I saw the family the first time on the news for about 10 seconds on my out and immediately "felt" suss about the father; mainly because his reaction looked odd, he seemed preoccupied and not fully there, if that makes sense.. even though he appeared distressed it just seemed "off"... He looked guilty. With the mum there was no gut feelings about anything other than pure grief and heartache, I'm now thinking she certainly should have known it was related to her husband and wonder why she didn't speak up straight away?

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    QLD Police will be holding a press conference this morning:

Queensland Police are due to hold a press conference this morning to provide more information about the mysterious abduction of Chloe Campbell.

The three-year-old's parents say they will leave the town of Childers following the ordeal, in which their daughter vanished for 42 hours before her mysterious reappearance.

It comes as friends of the Campbell family say the toddler was snatched from her home in an act of retribution.

Last edited by sky1; 14-04-2014 at 09:18.