+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Best/Better Private Schools in Ipswich, QLD.

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with Private Schools in Ipswich. We have started to sort through the ones that are around for our son, but all it is doing is stressing me out. On paper they all sound great but that doesn't always mean a schools great. Does anyone have children attending any of the Private Schools around Ipswich who could offer an opinion or insight? I'd love to have a few applied for before its the day before he is meant to start! We have looked at WestMAC, Boys Grammar, Sacred Heart, Bethany Lutheran to name a few. Also, does anyone know if you live in one town can you send your child to a Private School in a town 45 minutes away?

Thanks in Advance x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following out of interest. My dd will be starting in the not so distant future so I'm hoping to get an idea of school avail to her

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MumofOneMister
    I'm curious also as my DD starts prep next year and we have her down at WMAC but I'm interested to hear of any other recommendations for schools in the area.
    As for the 45 minute trip, I'm unsure if it matters with private schools. State schools generally you need to be in the catchment area.
    Last edited by IhaveYourToaster; 16-06-2014 at 17:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I went to Ipswich Girls Grammar many moons ago, but I have friends now sending their kids through school in Ipswich.

I can only go off their individual experiences. Girls grammar seems to be popular, along with westmac. One friend started her son at boys grammar, but changed to westmac as she wasn't happy with how the staff were dealing with some issues her son was having. I am sure that there are many that love it, though.

Personally I think you have to look at which style of school suits your family and child and you really only know it by doing tours, speaking with the principal and teaching staff and other parents.

A big decision! Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    More answers pls as I'm also interested in the above question. Anyone aware of westside Christian college?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Westside Christian College and have friends who send their kids there now. If we were out that way that is where my Boys would go as I had a great Schooling experience there. It is very inclusive and nurturing school with Staff that genuinely care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default great school recommendation

I can highly recommend Ipswich Junior grammar (the Junior school, of Ipswich Girls' Grammar)/ The Junior Grammar is co-ed from prep to Year 6 now. My 2 daughters and son go there and it is great. Amazing teachers and the junior school is quite small so the teachers know all of the children. It is so nice for my daughters and son to be in a co-ed learning environment before they go off to single sex high schools. I would hate to think of them being at a all-boy or all-girl school in the primary years of schooling. The school gets excellent academic results too. I have many friends who have sent their sons to Ipswich Grammar but some have withdrawn their sons as it gets poor academic results and their sons were not happy there. You should definitely check out the Junior grammar school (IJGS).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ani21 For This Useful Post:

littlelove  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have nothing but bad things to say about Sacred Heart, as would many ex students parents I know, although I know some who like it.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is over a year old but people will still read it so I'll give my 2 cents

St Marys: cheap ($2500), approx 600 kids, about 3 classes each grade. if you are catholic they do a lot of catholic stuff, the teacher didn't care about bullying and if the teacher doesn't care well that's just not good. The school to me felt depressing too.

Bethany: my child now attends here and it's a lovely little school and everyone is so friendly. It's a bit more expensive at $3900 but there are only 255 kids they are now doing 2 classes each grade.

Westside: I did want my child to go here but they had a waiting list. I would recommend this school out of all of Ipswich I think the fees started at around $4600 for prep.

Grammar school: from 2016 the fees for prep to yr 3 have been put down to $5000 however they go up from year 4 but you could ask for assistance. I always think of grammar schools of where all the parents end up sending their naughty kids to get them straightened out but I could be wrong lol.

West Mac: is supposed to be good but I think it's like $6000 for prep.

Sacred heart: I know a mother who sends her children there and she said she loves it but other than that I don't know anything about it. I think it's close to $3000 a year.

St Joseph's: $2000-$2500 a year. It's an alright school, they don't do much religion apparently.

I went to Christian and catholic schools and I found Christian schools have much nicer people and with my kids same thing but every school is different!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jules76 For This Useful Post:

Dancing Queen  (24-06-2016)