+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Rant/Advice: An animal has been toileting on our front lawn!

I don't have a pet - we don't have the time or backups to look after it if we go away. DH and I also couldn't be bothered cleaning up its poo.

Fortunately for someone else they don't have to clean up after their pet as their pet has gone on our front lawn three times now!

I don't want to hurt the animal but I do want it to stop as I am going to have to go out there in a minute and clean it up as it's on the lawn right next to the path to the car and I am not in the mood to clean it off shoes, let alone the unhygienic nature of a pregnant woman having to clean it off shoes.

Any tips as to how to deter this animal? I haven't seen it as we are usually out for most of the day and it obviously came for a visit when we were out this morning. I'm thinking medium dog or mammoth cat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get sprays that are supposed to deter animals. Maybe try a hardware store.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you mix chili and garlic with water and put that on the lawn it will keep the dogs away. Cats are disgusted by al foil. A bit hard to put on your lawn...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillaa For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you - still trying to get up the nerves to go and clean it up as it makes me heave just walking past. So hoping DS didn't tread in it on way to school today, but surely we would have smelt it in the car! Have checked everyone else's shoes and they are clean as I could smell it but couldn't see it at first.

Will try the chilli and garlic and if that doesn't work will get DH to do a spray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Citrus spray! Our neighbours cat kept coming into our front yard and going in the garden right under my bedroom window so I made a mix of lemon juice and water (the stronger the lemon the better) and put it in a spray bottle and sprayed it all around the area the car was going haven't had a problem since, I respray once a week and after it has rained. I have also head white vinegar in a spray bottle works quite well too

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley595 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay - I have all the ingredients - I may as well give all of them a go. It's only lemon juice in the bottle but I'd assume it would be the same. I'll do a mix of lemon, white vinegar, chilli and garlic and hope that it works! It is supposed to rain for the next few days so I might give it one go today and another after the rain stops.

Just went and cleaned it up - must have looked a sight with gloves, plastic bags, ice cream container and lids to lift it in with! Erlk! I can still smell it out the front even though there is only the remnants left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Please don't use chili! It can be very harmful to cats!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will leave that one out then - thank you!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had cats all my life, and they always buried their poop in the dirt, I've never seen one just poop on a lawn and walk off..... So I'm thinking its a dog? A lot of owners just let their dog poop on the footpath when they walk them around here. Disgusting! Especially big dogs who do big poops! Get the spray from bunnings and try that, but also, put a sign up in case it is an owner letting their dog poop on your lawn.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH can do a spray when he gets back end of the week. There are a few feral cats around that are feral in nature and have been known not to cover their droppings - the ones out the front could go either way but I'm hedging towards a medium dog. Just popped some white vinegar, lemon and garlic out the front - hopefully it won't kill the lawn too much - it's going to rain anyway, but hopefully will deter them until then.