+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    with winter coming up, lots of homemade veggie soups are great. I also like to make rice paper rolls with various fillings in them.

I don't eat a lot of bread, but I have found one type of gluten free wrap that doesn't break when wrapped and doesn't taste like cardboard. Can't remember what it's called though, but I have only found it at woollies

I've just found some bread at a bakery/sandwich shop called Bakers Club (have a couple of stores in Brisbane and one at Robina - www.bakersclub.com.au) that have a "Gluten Free" bread. It is actually wheat and yeast free which is exactly what I was after (DD breaks out in a rash when she has yeast). Their gluten free range is - white loaf, seed loaf, fruit loaf and pizza bases. I found all the GF breads in Woolies have yeast and the only loaf that was GF and yeast free has preservatives.

The loaves are small (same as woolies). I bought one of each loaf (3) and 2 pizza bases and it cost me $35ish. The loaves were $6.50/$7.50. DD has had the bread toasted and given it 2 thumbs up and yesterday I made her a sandwich and also got 2 thumbs up. I haven't tried it but she says it tastes like "real bread".

Now that we've tried them, I'll buy them in bulk and have them couriered to me. I don't want to drive over half an hour for bread each time. I figure the courier fee will cover my petrol.