+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have two sons and one daughter - if we venture out anywhere and they need to use the loo they go into whatever toilet the accompanying parent goes to.

..and although my daughter can pee standing up like a champion, she doesn't use the trough

Bring on more public unisex toilets I say

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (10-04-2014),sweetpeamummy  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have 2 toilet trained girls and I can honestly say before this thread I never gave a second thought to my DH taking them to the men's toilets.
    In all my life I have never seen a men taking his daughter into the ladies toilets.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Mod-pegasus  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    even if all the men in there are performing a musical number using their penises as props - than have her witness the hysterical fallout of them going into the female toilets together.
    Thank you for this mental image now I can not stop giggling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    The big deal could be that young girls are in the toilet. DD2 is 5 and goes with the door open (I'm usually in there with her but sometimes I check the toilet then wait outside). It would freak the heck out of her and her older sister if a man came in.

OP DH always uses the disabled and if he's somewhere there isn't one (very rare) the girls would do a park or bush wee (as it was usually only somewhere like that that there wasn't a disabled toilet).
    So its better for the dad to take his daughter into a stinky mens toilet with men hanging their frank and beans out?

Sure u can tell her not to look but theres no guarantee she wont see anything on the way in and she has to wash hands afterwards etc too.

Having a little girl in a room with men exposing themselves is totally inappropriate imo.

Probably a good idea for your daughters to learn to close the toilet door when in a public toilet regardless.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=SoThisIsLove;7732160]So its better for the dad to take his daughter into a stinky mens toilet with men hanging their frank and beans out?

Sure u can tell her not to look but theres no guarantee she wont see anything on the way in and she has to wash hands afterwards etc too.

Having a little girl in a room with men exposing themselves is totally inappropriate imo.

Probably a good idea for your daughters to learn to close the toilet door when in a public toilet regardless.

There aren't men 'exposing themselves', there are men who are peeing.

I have been into plenty of stinky women's toilets, I don't think men's toilets are generally any worse than women's at a place where a child is likely to be such as a shopping centre. Is it really the end of the world if a female child gets a glance at a male peeing? My son has seen myself, both his nans and his great-grandma on the toilet and displays no signs of psychological trauma. I used to go in to men's toilets when out with my father as a child, I don't recall seeing peoples penises but even if I did, it clearly hasn't damaged me too much.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

grumpybump  (10-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (11-04-2014)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    So its better for the dad to take his daughter into a stinky mens toilet with men hanging their frank and beans out?

I have no experience of hanging out in mens toilets, however, from the very frank discussions I've had over the years with exH and DF my understanding is that there are strict protocols that require men to not leave their bits out for a millisecond longer than absolutely required. The men are not exposing themselves, they are taking a pee. It's probably about the same level of exposure as breastfeeding in that you'd have to get up close to 'see' anything. It's not as though a man is sending in their pre-school daughter unaccompanied, he is with her, most likely holding her hand and guiding her quickly into a cubicle.

Why would the mens toilets be any more stinky than the womens toilets?

If my DD goes to a public toilet, depending on the circumstances she might not close the door which is fine by me. She's 3 and tiny and still mastering the art of not falling in the toilet whilst getting toilet paper. There's no way I would let her in the toilet by herself with a locked door (which you mostly have to lock otherwise they automatically open).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I know they arent exposing themselves in a perverted way. But their wares are "exposed"

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have an issue with a man in the womens toilets.

My dad took me into the men's when I was younger and put his hand over my eyes until we got into a cubicle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Busy-Bee;7732178]
    Why would the mens toilets be any more stinky than the womens toilets?

They just are. Something to do with urinals and general issues with aim. Not sure why but they are stinky.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The disabled toilet might be used once in a blue moon. If things are quiet I don't see a problem with taking a kid in there for a quick squirt. If there are no parents rooms around it is the only toilet that will fit a pram in it...
    I don't care how often they are used. You are not disabled don't use it. There is simply no excuse. People without disability often see "no problem" with using facilities which are designed for people with accessibility issues, people for which there is no other option. You are able bodied, you have access to other facilities with numerous cubicles yet use the disabled toilet simply for convenience and to make life easier for yourself.