+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I would hope that DF would take DD (3 years old) to the mens room. Worst case scenario, what's she going to see? Men weeing. DF is with her, she is safe.

I would be incredibly uncomfortable if a grown man came into the womens toilets, not because I'm a precious old dear but because it's not appropriate, the space is for gown women and if needed, their children. I would never entertain the idea of taking DS into the mens toilets when he was newly TT'd, why would it be acceptable for a man to come into the womens toilets?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Really? I'm in the bush too and we have disabled facilities down the main street, at the district club/recreation centre and at the aquatic centre - which are pretty much your only places to go lol!
    Our bigger town does but our little town doesn't in the Main Street. Also a lot of roadside toilets and public hall toilets still haven't made the change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I can only speak for myself here, but I think the reason I would prefer DH to take DD to the men's is that we only need to worry about controlling her behaviour - we tell her to look away etc. But when a man enters a woman's toilet, you can't control other people's behaviour. I would think many women would be a bit shocked and upset, particularly if the girl is in the cubicle and the father is just standing there beside the sink, waiting. For women entering or leaving the toilets, they don't see him with his daughter, just by himself.

DH was adamant there is no way in hell he would enter a woman's toilet lol

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (10-04-2014),MissSparkles  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    I must admit when I first read the comment my first thought was harsh as well. Maybe it's just the way it's written and comes across iykwim

As to the subject I would not let my dd ever go into the men's bathrooms. I may be a prude but I just don't want her seeing men at the urinals. I don't care if men use the female loos - they can't see anything I wouldn't do in public like make up or washing hands.

If older women have an issue then tough.

Although hopefully this issue won't or rarely will come up with access to disabled toilets nowadays.
    Ok fair enough it was before my coffee.
    It wasn't intended to be harsh so apologies.

I have 3 girls and 1 boy. I have honestly never given this issue so much as a second thought. I'm surprised (and I mean that genuinely) so many people have hard and fast rules on this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When DD was little DH would make it a game for her to cover her eyes until they were in the cubicle. That being said it was only once or twice he had to do that because most places have a disabled toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's inappropriate for a man to enter a women's toilet. if there is a men's toilet available.

The DH has often changed our daughter in the men's room. When she can use the toilet herself I'm sure he will accompany her to the men's room so she will be protected and supervised. I fully expect her to ask what the other men are doing, and the answer is that men have to wee too, and they can do it standing up!

There is nothing sexual about it to a child unless you make it that way. I think even making them close their eyes and look away perpetuates the idea of secrecy and shame. At what age will your child learn the difference between boys and girls, and will she think it's something she can talk to your and your DH about, or something secret and shameful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Parents rooms? Disabled loo?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    Parents rooms? Disabled loo?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Right... As many posters have already said, these are the preferred options but not available 100% of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    I want DH to do whatever he is comfortable with be hat disabled toilets, men's or women's.
    As a father who's been in that situation, I think LaDiDah has the correct answer. I really don't think it makes much difference to the child herself, and for my part we used men's toilets since I felt uncomfortable going into the women's.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

Fashionvictim  (10-04-2014),gnomesy  (11-04-2014),Me&Smooches  (10-04-2014),sweetpeamummy  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Given the pearl clutching that goes on when men dare to venture into a parents room, I can only imagine the outrage and clucking if a man tried to take his daughter into a female toilet!

ZOMG A PEDOPHILE WAS IN THE TOILETS!!!

I'd rather DD go into the male toilets with DH - even if all the men in there are performing a musical number using their penises as props - than have her witness the hysterical fallout of them going into the female toilets together.

15. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-04-2014),babycake  (10-04-2014),Bunny Lover  (11-04-2014),Chippa  (10-04-2014),dancingchipmunk  (04-05-2014),delirium  (10-04-2014),gnomesy  (11-04-2014),GreenMama  (10-04-2014),Happymum2  (10-04-2014),ICanDream  (11-04-2014),lambjam  (10-04-2014),Me&Smooches  (10-04-2014),MINIRoo  (10-04-2014),Mokeybear  (12-04-2014),Mulva  (10-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (10-04-2014),sweetpeamummy  (10-04-2014)