+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    So it's ok for a man to step into a woman's territory but not ok for a young girl who is being accompanied by her father to step into mens territory?

To be honest I would be very distressed at the idea of a man coming into the women's toilets. Not sure how exactly I would react but I would definitely be thinking WTF?!
    Are you listening to yourself?

How come YOU are allowed to be distressed?
    You're a grown woman and yet one man in the ladies would distress you, but you expect a small girl to be able to go in to an all male environment and pee????
    Last edited by Phony; 11-04-2014 at 13:06.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Fashionvictim  (11-04-2014),LaDiDah  (11-04-2014),LoveLivesHere  (11-04-2014),VicPark  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    BTW how many of us here bring our older sons into the male toilets?
    Just curious?
    Have you encountered any distressed males in there?
    Genuine question here.
    It's all ahead of me.
    Last edited by Phony; 11-04-2014 at 13:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I find children have far less hang ups about this type of social/cultural stuff. Children aren't born being embarrassed, they learn it.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-04-2014),CakeyMumma  (11-04-2014),FiveInTheBed  (11-04-2014),GreenMama  (11-04-2014),MINIRoo  (12-04-2014),peanutmonkey  (11-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (11-04-2014),Tainted  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Are you listening to yourself?

How come YOU are allowed to be distressed?
    You're a grown woman and yet one man in the ladies would distress you, but you expect a small girl to be able to go in to an all male environment and pee????
    But she'll be in a cubicle? It's not as if she will be directed to squat over the urinal next to a grown man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DP has been a part-time single parent to his 16 yr old daughter since she was 1. He said he's never had a single issue or remotely negative experience taking her into a men's room with him. He did say once when she was 4 they had to pull over so she could poo on the side of the road. He remembers that as quite a negative experience for both of them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

sweetpeamummy  (11-04-2014)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    All these damn feminist wives expecting them to share the parenting duties but when they go to do something as simple as take their daughter to the toilet they simply can't do the right thing.
    I find the idea that a man can enter the womens toilets when he has his daughter/abhorance at the idea of a young girl going into the mens room anti-feminist. The reason being is that the womens toilets is womens space. If it's accetable for a man to enter the womans toilets then it should be acceptable for a woman to enter the mens toilets if accompanying their son. Unless extreme circumstances, it's not acceptable for either.

Also, the idea that mens toilets are a sinister place that will traumatise a young girl (but apparently not a boy) doesn't say much about our expectations of men or girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    But she'll be in a cubicle? It's not as if she will be directed to squat over the urinal next to a grown man.
    but..but - she needs to practise for this type of behaviour!

> type "woman using urinal" into google, click 'images', be impressed

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have and will take my sons into the ladies toilets with me if there are no accessible or parents rooms and when DD was younger DH did take her to the men's and she is perfectly fine in fact I don't think she even remembers it.

ETA plus it's not like they are going to the men's toilets alone, they are with the only other person guaranteed to die protecting them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    Ahh look, this is juvenile and going round in circles.

I wouldn't want my daughter in the mens toilet.
    That's my choice.

I also don't think ANYONE has the right to refuse a man with a little girl to use the ladies toilets either.
    That little girl has every right to use that toilet and as her guardian he is entitled to be there too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I find the idea that a man can enter the womens toilets when he has his daughter/abhorance at the idea of a young girl going into the mens room anti-feminist. The reason being is that the womens toilets is womens space. If it's accetable for a man to enter the womans toilets then it should be acceptable for a woman to enter the mens toilets if accompanying their son. Unless extreme circumstances, it's not acceptable for either.

Also, the idea that mens toilets are a sinister place that will traumatise a young girl (but apparently not a boy) doesn't say much about our expectations of men or girls.
    I agree completely. I find it very sad.