+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know this isn't going to be a popular response, but I would rather DF use the disabled toilets if this were the case.

I don't think it's appropriate for a young girl to be in the men's room and I understand some women would be uncomfortable with a man being in the ladies room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    I know this isn't going to be a popular response, but I would rather DF use the disabled toilets if this were the case.

I don't think it's appropriate for a young girl to be in the men's room and I understand some women would be uncomfortable with a man being in the ladies room.
    Yeah but the question the OP asked was what if the disabled toilet was not an option. Of course we would all use the disabled. Read the OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely not the women's, a cubicle in the men's and just make sure he has some antibacterial wipes if it needs a wipe down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely NOT the male toilets. I wouldn't want my daughter walking in and seeing all these men lined up at the urinal. I wouldn't care if a man took his daughter into the ladies toilets, it has happened several times before and I didn't even look twice.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to withloveandlimits For This Useful Post:

Fashionvictim  (10-04-2014),FrothyFrog  (10-04-2014),HippyGirl85  (10-04-2014),IndigoJ  (10-04-2014),silverbreeze  (12-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2014),Starfish30  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I think it's a common sense issue with no one right answer. If he was at a big shopping centre no way would I want DH going into the ladies. There are likely to be a lot of quite elderly women in there and it could cause a ruckus. In a more quiet location it wouldn't be such an issue.

Honestly with 3 daughters it's not something DH has had a huge problem with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I totally agree with NOT the men's toilets, it's funny we all have totally differing opinions. If it were my daughter, I would definitely not want her in men's toilets. And if I was standing in line in the womens and a man called out he was bringing his daughter in I would think that it was a wonderful thing to do (provided he wait until anyone had a chance to protest if they would be uncomfortable)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fashionvictim For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (10-04-2014),Starfish30  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If there are no disabled toilets I would rather the man take his daughter into the female toilets. As pp mentioned he can give a shout out as he is entering.

It comes down to the worse of two evils: in a mans toilet there are going to be willys on display at the urinals... Not appropriAte for a young girl to see. In a women's toilet there are cubicles where the door can be shut. So IMO female adults have no excuse to whinge. If there is a female child with the door open then either get them in the habit of closing the door or if that is not possible the mum can close the door as the dad is walking past. Anyway unless the kid is stripped off,with the mum in the doorway surely there wouldn't be too much too see? If the mum has left her young daughter in the toilets by herself that's another issue - Shame on them!
    Last edited by VicPark; 10-04-2014 at 09:07.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (10-04-2014),Fashionvictim  (10-04-2014),FrothyFrog  (10-04-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (12-04-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (11-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionvictim View Post
    Yes I totally agree with NOT the men's toilets, it's funny we all have totally differing opinions. If it were my daughter, I would definitely not want her in men's toilets. And if I was standing in line in the womens and a man called out he was bringing his daughter in I would think that it was a wonderful thing to do (provided he wait until anyone had a chance to protest if they would be uncomfortable)
    OT but why would you think it wonderful that a father was taking his daughter to the toilet? DH has done it too many times to remember. I didn't think he was being wonderful but just being her dad.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (10-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    This is an interesting one. I went to a seminar given by a sex crimes police officer and he said it's best for the dad to take his girl into the women's toilets, but open the door, shout out he has a daughter and is coming in, in case there is anyone in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Agreed. Whats the big deal? I think its more appropriate to take her into the womens toilets with closed cubicles than a mens toilet.
    I agree with these. Women's are all private closed cubicles, I would have no issue with a man bringing in his daughter for her to use. But as a PP mentioned, sometimes other young girls could be using the facilities with the door open, so I think the man just calling out first avoids any awkward encounters.
    I'd rather my DP took our future daughter into the women's than the men's.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I think it's a common sense issue with no one right answer. If he was at a big shopping centre no way would I want DH going into the ladies. There are likely to be a lot of quite elderly women in there and it could cause a ruckus. In a more quiet location it wouldn't be such an issue.

Honestly with 3 daughters it's not something DH has had a huge problem with.
    Tell the old ducks to shut their cubicle door !

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BlackDiamond  (10-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2014)