+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    Darn straight it's a principle thing. Call me precious if you like, couldn't care less. In fact the words I can think of in response would be selfish..entitled, self absorbed?

I am a parent with a double pram, my youngest is 14 months old, I KNOW how difficult it is. I have a non walking, 13kg 3 year old & I can still manage to take my 6 year old to a regular toilet.

The fact is it's easier to use the disabled toilet, far be it for anyone to choose the more difficult path. "Give me convenience or give me death" the Dead Kennedy's titled an album - that's pretty much the direction society is travelling and it makes me sad.
    Principle schminsible. Perhaps if you gave a reason as to how disabled people were disadvantaged when a non disabled person uses an unused disabled toilet I might respect your opinion more. Until then well yeah I think the response is a bit precious. Perhaps there are other things weighing on your mind at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hate to say it........

Trolley thread anyone????

Me + DH = DS1 (6), DS2 (2) and #3 due September 8th

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    Darn straight it's a principle thing. Call me precious if you like, couldn't care less. In fact the words I can think of in response would be selfish..entitled, self absorbed?

I am a parent with a double pram, my youngest is 14 months old, I KNOW how difficult it is. I have a non walking, 13kg 3 year old & I can still manage to take my 6 year old to a regular toilet.

The fact is it's easier to use the disabled toilet, far be it for anyone to choose the more difficult path. "Give me convenience or give me death" the Dead Kennedy's titled an album - that's pretty much the direction society is travelling and it makes me sad.
    Self entitled and selfish would be happily using a disabled loo with an able bodied child while 3 families with disabilities stood behind you waiting.

I still don't understand how using a vacant toilet for 2 mins with a father/daughter, mother/son or a parent with a pram if there is no one around is self entitled?? The toilet would have stayed empty had they not used it? many of these toilets have the change tables as well... are parents meant to change their kids on the floor rather than use a loo that was empty the whole time?

Makes no sense to me....

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-04-2014),atomicmama  (11-04-2014),Atropos  (10-04-2014),DailyDiversion  (10-04-2014),dancingchipmunk  (04-05-2014),peanutmonkey  (11-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2014),waitinghoping  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH generally takes DD to the mens if theres no parents room, but he usually checks quickly to see how busy it is in the mens loos before he takes her in. (she walks in behind him so he can look first).

At my local shopping centre there are 2 parents rooms but neither has toilets in them.. The doorways to get in to the womens toilets are SO narrow, it's almost impossible to get a trolley through (I don't think a double pram would fit, not sure I don't use one). So when I'm out with the kids the disabled toilet is my only option. If a disabled / elderly person was waiting to use it I would let them go first.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Self entitled and selfish would be happily using a disabled loo with an able bodied child while 3 families with disabilities stood behind you waiting.

I still don't understand how using a vacant toilet for 2 mins with a father/daughter, mother/son or a parent with a pram if there is no one around is self entitled?? The toilet would have stayed empty had they not used it? many of these toilets have the change tables as well... are parents meant to change their kids on the floor rather than use a loo that was empty the whole time?

Makes no sense to me....
    Already said if it was a dual use toilet I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Principle schminsible. Perhaps if you gave a reason as to how disabled people were disadvantaged when a non disabled person uses an unused disabled toilet I might respect your opinion more. Until then well yeah I think the response is a bit precious. Perhaps there are other things weighing on your mind at the moment?
    Here's the reason... Are you disabled? No? Then don't use the toilet.

Pretty simple yet I'm the one whose called upon to justify my opinion? Now that's a joke. Might want to consider the meaning of the word respect too....just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 2 wheelchair users I've asked said they have no problem with parents using the accessible (new name for disbled) loos. It's like the seats on the trains that are reserved for less abled passengers - as long as you get up for the elderly/handicapped/pregnant passenger you can use it if it's an empty train.

The real gripe my wheelchair friends have is restaurants using the handicapped loos as storage for boxes of wine etc, making them completely inaccessible. It seems quite common too.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (11-04-2014),DailyDiversion  (10-04-2014),Purple Lily  (10-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    NOT the men's at all, I don't have a problem a dad bring his little girl into the women's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Asked DH what h would do when our dd is older and he was stunned I even asked the question. Haha. He said "of course I'm going to the men's one." I asked him if he was concerned about her seeing "things". And he said what do you think we do in there? We don't stand in the middle of the room and wave them around!"

His first preference would be a parents room then the accessibility toilets, then to the men's room.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wally90 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just asked my DH and he said he uses family / disabled toilets first, if they are not available he uses the men's. He said there is no way that he would go into a ladies toilet. He did say the kids wouldn't see anything because they rush in and out very quickly because men's toilets stink...there you have it, a bloke agrees male toilets stink.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Fashionvictim  (11-04-2014)