+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bit off topic but talking about change rooms - when my sis was 4 she went swimming with my uncle so went in the men's change room (no family). Even though they could see there was a younger girl there, apparently 2 guys were wandering around starkers with their towels over their shoulders. My uncle asked them to cover up a couple of times and they ignored him - all backfired on them when my sis pipes up (in her best loud voice) 'they've got very little willies haven't they uncle daryl' bahahahahaha they very quickly covered up then!!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (10-04-2014),dancingchipmunk  (04-05-2014),Mulva  (11-04-2014),PeJu's Mum  (11-04-2014),Rutabaga  (11-04-2014),VicPark  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I have a daughter with a disability. .. I don't see a problem with 'abled' people using the disabled toilet. Sometimes you just need to. My dd is still in the pram but when she is older I still wouldn't have a problem if I'm waiting with her to use the disabled toilet and a mum comes out of it with a pram and a young one.

Also how can you tell if the person is 'disabled'? Not all disabled people are in wheelchairs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    My daughter is almost 4 with spastic diplegia cerebral palsy. She is still is a pram and doesn't "look" disabled either.

I think it should be common courtesy not to use the toilet if you are not disabled, but that's exactly the trouble, courtesy is not that common anymore in this "me me me" world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=lemonpancakes;7732360]I haven't read all the responses but I'd get a huge fright if I was in a toilet cubicle and heard a man calling into the women's toilets saying he was about to enter. How do I know he really has a kid with him?

I think I'd be too shocked to respond/protest. So I imagine younger women and teenagers would feel quite uncomfortable too.

No offense intended whatsoever but I do have to have a bit of a laugh here, if a man was coming in with sinister intentions and no child I don't think he would announce himself. Lol.
    As for the people who are asking why people would think men's toilets smell more than women's generally- are you serious? Have you ever been in them? Or even just walked past some of them? Some women's are bad, and some men's are clean. But on the whole....

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I've never had this conversation with DF but I've just asked him now and he said he would take her into the mens room.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

sweetpeamummy  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    My daughter is almost 4 with spastic diplegia cerebral palsy. She is still is a pram and doesn't "look" disabled either.

I think it should be common courtesy not to use the toilet if you are not disabled, but that's exactly the trouble, courtesy is not that common anymore in this "me me me" world.
    Are you having a go at me? I don't understand your post?
    I have said that my daughter has a disability. As she grows this probably won't be that physically obvious, except maybe for wearing AFOs. Still. .. from my perspective I don't see why I can't or she can't wait a couple of minutes if someone else was using the disabled toilet? I don't know their reason for using it. It's not like a parking space that affects my ability to access the shops.
    Your daughter is in a pram you say? Yet you can't understand how difficult it can be for mums to wrangle a baby/toddler etc and may need to use the restroom if there are no other options available. Surely understanding and compassion towards others IS common courtesy?
    I'm a bit confused about your post so I'm sorry if I have misinterpreted it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-04-2014),BeeSam  (11-04-2014),btmacxxx  (11-04-2014),Purple Lily  (10-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2014),Starfish30  (04-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Sometimes there aren't any other options for parents with prams. And sometimes the line up with kids at the normal toilets can be 10-15 minutes (eg at major events).

If there's no one waiting to use the disabled toilet what's the big deal? What harm is done? Is it a principals thing? (.. Bit precious..) Or are you genuinely concerned that a disabled person might have to wait a couple of minutes on the off chance they need to go when someone else is using the toilet? (Also a bit precious?) In the event of that happening, is it really the end of the world of the disabled person has to wait a couple of minutes? (like the rest of us do quite often).

Sorry I am struggling to see what the actual problem is here.
    Darn straight it's a principle thing. Call me precious if you like, couldn't care less. In fact the words I can think of in response would be selfish..entitled, self absorbed?

I am a parent with a double pram, my youngest is 14 months old, I KNOW how difficult it is. I have a non walking, 13kg 3 year old & I can still manage to take my 6 year old to a regular toilet.

The fact is it's easier to use the disabled toilet, far be it for anyone to choose the more difficult path. "Give me convenience or give me death" the Dead Kennedy's titled an album - that's pretty much the direction society is travelling and it makes me sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH just got asked and he was horrified that it would even be suggested he use the ladies. He did confirm for me the urine all over the floor is very rare and cubicles have doors. I didn't ask him about pork sword fighting - figure a man should get to have some secrets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wowee toileting. A normal human function and all this debate. Anyone would think toileting is something to be ashamed of!

99% of the time there is a disabled toilet in a small place (ie not a shopping centre or large attraction) the change table is in there too.

Plus I'm pretty sure that if ( although I've never seen one) there was a queue at a disabled toilet and there was a disabled person waiting most non disabled would happily let them queue jump.

There are an awful lot of ladies on here who hang around men's toilets, or are you just guessing as to what they are like.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MINIRoo For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (11-04-2014),sweetpeamummy  (10-04-2014),Tainted  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Darn straight it's a principle thing. Call me precious if you like, couldn't care less. In fact the words I can think of in response would be selfish..entitled, self absorbed?

I am a parent with a double pram, my youngest is 14 months old, I KNOW how difficult it is. I have a non walking, 13kg 3 year old & I can still manage to take my 6 year old to a regular toilet.

The fact is it's easier to use the disabled toilet, far be it for anyone to choose the more difficult path. "Give me convenience or give me death" the Dead Kennedy's titled an album - that's pretty much the direction society is travelling and it makes me sad.
    So when your out with ALL of your kids in the double pram and your 6 yr old needs to use the loo... What do you do with the 14 month old and non-walking 3 yr old while you take the 6 yr old? Obviously all of you won't fit in a cubicle with the pram, so do you leave them just outside? I don't get the logistics of how one would manage it. I certainly couldn't manage a regular toilet when my 2 kids were babies.

Thanks
    Reviews

Just a quick one but what do you do with your 14 month old whilst you are toileting either yourself or another child. I'm not talking about at a shopping centre where you can sit in a nice warm ladies with the door open. I'm talking the outside ones where you have to close the door and you barely squeeze yourself in yourself?

There is no way I'm leaving my 11 month old outside the door even for 30 seconds in this situation.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MINIRoo For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2014)