+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF - Starting in May 2014 - Support Needed!

Hello to anyone out there. I hope I am posting in the right section, I'm new to this. My husband and I are about to start IVF/ICSI after 2 years of trying the natural way. We are in our late 20's. It just hasn't worked for us due to my husbands low sperm count/low motility/low everything! So we are booked in to have our first IVF 'go' next cycle.

Basically I was hoping to find people out there who are about to start (or already have started) the IVF journey that I can share experiences, ask questions and basically talk to about how I'm/we're feeling about all this. I'm pretty nervous about the injections etc and how my body will react. Most of my friends and family are all busy with kids or pregnant and I am starting to feel like a downer on conversation as it always ends up at the topic of 'So when are you having kids?". Feeling pretty isolated actually.

Anyway, any response would be great.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kate,
    I was looking to chat to other people too because its hard unless they are going throuhgh it to understand i think.
    I just turned 37 - low egg count and quality for my age group.
    Had one cycle and just started a 2nd today

Injections are easier than you think - i got used to it after a few days. My bf was there as support until i got the hang of it but im fine now.

For me it is more the waiting than the hormones that makes this so much of a rollercoaster.
    Not getting your hopes up too much but remaining positive.

Good luck with your cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amie! Thanks for replying, it's been nice to chat to people who are going through the same process and emotions. I was feeling pretty isolated for a while but now I realise a lot of people go through this, just not many people talk about it openly. I have been on injections for a week now, and Syneral, and have an ultrasound on Monday to see what my ovaries are doing. Feeling pretty crappy and tired tonight so hopefully the ovaries are pumping out the eggs - but not too many! - and I only have to do this once! Let's keep in touch, you are just a bit ahead of me. Good luck for this cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, just letting you know there is another thread called May 2014 - IVF/ICSI. It's cranking along with a few members who I'm sure will be able to answer any questions you have. Good luck with your journeys. I'm just about to start my second IVF cycle in the next few weeks :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kate,

I'm new to here too so is great to have others to talk to!!

Reading your post was like reading my life - though it is me with the issues. I have a rare unicornate uterus with a horn, only 1 tube and that tube is "obstructed". We also have been trying for 2yrs and start our first IVF end of May. I am excited, nervous, scared, hopeful but realistic but most of all - relieved we are actually TRYING!

I know and understand COMPLETELY about family and those friends that DO know not being great support - I don't think ANYONE can support us unless they have been through our journey! Its the INNER ache, the hollow feeling in the pit of your tummy, the dreaming and reality that we would give it ALL up for just ONE opportunity that no one gets. And if I have to hear one more person say "stop stressing, it will happen" I might do something crazy lol :-/ Its the ones that don't understand that say that most of the time!

I would love to keep in contact with our journeys! I know its going to be a hard one but having people that REALLY DO understand out there is an amazing relief to me

Erin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ErinLouise87 For This Useful Post:

kate124  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Erin! How are you! Good on you for trying to find people to talk to, this was my last ditch attempt to find someone to talk to who understood the feelings who didn't say stupid things like 'stop stressing it will happen' or 'get drunk - worked for me!' !!! Very happy to chat. I'm prob a few weeks ahead of you. I've had the injections and Nasal spray for 10 days, egg retrieval yesterday, 10 have fertilised (yay!) and they will hopefully transfer a 5 day blastocyst on Monday. It's the closest I've ever been to being pregnant so it's exciting but I am still realistic. I am also in the May IVF forum which is crazy busy but very supportive let me know if you can't find it or we can just chat here xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kate and Erin
    I totally agree with both of you girls when u say you feel alone. My husband and I are up to our second round of IVF ICSI cycle and we are having a 3dt this time instead of a 5dt. Our first cycle ended in a BFN but our blastcyst was a day slow so I am thinking that's why it didn't happen. My husband is infertile and needed a TESA and I have pcos. We were able to get 12 sperm out of him all up. How did your transfer go kate did you get the answer we all want.
    Hope to hear back soon
    Kate

Me 29 PCOS and DH 32 infertile
    IVF ICSI 10/2/2014 BFN
    IVF ICSI 7/4/2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kate! I saw you in the May forum, it's so busy in there it's hard to keep track! Good luck for this cycle, I was lucky enough to get a positive result in our first month of trying ICSI and am, I think, 5 weeks pregnant. What drugs do they have you on? I turned to these forums as I felt so alone on this ivf journey. The support I have received for every step along the way has really helped. I'm not that experienced at this but I am an excellent googler so if you have any q's shoot and I'll try help!! How is your husband doing? Mine is the strong silent type, doesn't talk all that much! Men are hard!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm sorry I have been so quiet lately - hiding from reality :-/

I collected our first cycle of drugs from myIVF on Thursday and secretly freaked out! I'm excited / nervous / scared and more but still 100% in this till we get our miracle!!

How was everyone's side effects / symptoms throughout the couple of weeks? They have only put me on 100mg injections and 1 for first week each night at 8pm and then 2 needles per night for second week until trigger injection. Work has no idea so the mere determination not to let slip any side effects is daunting but I know I can do this!!!

I start first injection Wednesday then harvest on 16 June - is anyone else around those dates :-)

I am being hopeful / positive but all realistic but would give my everything to only have to do this once

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,
    Just letting you know that this thread is for babies conceived through IVF, there is a thread for TTCers with IVF under tho one, good luck with your journeys and i hope to see you all over here again soon