+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldtoe View Post
    Good - you are not meant to enjoy it!
    Just smack them hard and calmly tell them they will get ten if they ever do it again. This is life and death - no time for sticker charts and trying to explain how bad brain injuries are. They may not understand the road risk, but they understand simple consequences. they are not babies any more - 3 and 4 is past time to simply rely on barriers for safety. (A 4yo can get over a pool fence if they want to.)

Concentrate on the million-times higher risk of being hit by a vehicle, or causing an accident.
    Yes. Respond to a child safety issue with violence and the threat of even more violence. A 3 year old will totally respond well to that.
    Seriously OP, just get a door lock. By all means start teaching road safety too, but ignore the above, I urge you. Smacking and threatening will not work. To be blunt, do you want to be explaining to police that the reason your kids were on the road was because the door wasn't adequate and saying "But I did smack them and threaten to give them ten more?!"
    You have a responsibility to provide a safe environment. Get the chain lock and the baby gate, it will do wonders for your peace of mind and keep your babies safe

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-04-2014),haveheart  (09-04-2014),VicPark  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just smack them hard and calmly tell them they will get ten if they ever do it again. This is life and death - no time for sticker charts and trying to explain how bad brain injuries are. They may not understand the road risk, but they understand simple consequences. they are not babies any more - 3 and 4 is past time to simply rely on barriers for safety. (A 4yo can get over a pool fence if they want to.)

Concentrate on the million-times higher risk of being hit by a vehicle, or causing an accident.
    I agree that smacking is the answer - smack each adult that leaves the door unlocked/doesn't allow for better lock installation and calmly tell them they will get 10 more if they do it again.

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-04-2014),Bubbles10  (09-04-2014),Californication  (09-04-2014),Cardi  (09-04-2014),CazHazKidz  (09-04-2014),Daisy Duck  (09-04-2014),DarcyJ  (09-04-2014),Elijahs Mum  (09-04-2014),emzluvbub  (09-04-2014),haveheart  (09-04-2014),Jenga  (09-04-2014),Leafy  (09-04-2014),Lincolns mummy  (09-04-2014),meljemillie  (09-04-2014),Mezmerised  (09-04-2014),MilkingMaid  (10-04-2014),MissMuppet  (09-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (09-04-2014),Tainted  (09-04-2014),VicPark  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope you have the lock sorted by now OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow violence is definitely not the answer, get a lock or get a door stop and put it at the front and use the back door for access.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If there was an intended pool outside and they ran the risk of drowning would you be the same and trying to explain the situation to them? That's just as dangerous as them getting onto the road. They are little children you need to fix the problem for them not make them understand how serious it is. Sure teach them time about roads but don't expect it to happen overnight.

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petrult For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (09-04-2014),haveheart  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfenced pool, autocorrect lol

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes, lets teach kids how to behave by beating the crap out of them. Great parenting.....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-04-2014),Tainted  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    I agree that smacking is the answer - smack each adult that leaves the door unlocked/doesn't allow for better lock installation and calmly tell them they will get 10 more if they do it again.
    Better yet, slam their head in the door!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Yes, lets teach kids how to behave by beating the crap out of them.
    That's a bit sick, invoking the image of someone beaten so badly they lose bowel control. You know what will actually do that, and a lot worse? being hit by a car.

How about trying an intelligent argument instead of exagerating any opinion you disagree with, to ridicule it? I know discipline can be an emotional topic, but lets try to be civil. (I'd really better keep away from the circumcision forum!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a bit sick, invoking the image of someone beaten so badly they lose bowel control. You know what will actually do that, and a lot worse? being hit by a car.

How about trying an intelligent argument instead of exagerating any opinion you disagree with, to ridicule it? I know discipline can be an emotional topic, but lets try to be civil. (I'd really better keep away from the circumcision forum!)
    I think after snaking a child 10 times they may loose bowel control

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast