+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do I need a double pram?

I am pregnant with number 2 and our daughter will be 2 years 8 months when the baby is born. We have a steelcraft agile single pram. Just wondering if I should sell it and buy a double? Any advice from parents of two, similar ages??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My son was 2 years 9 months when bub was born. Didn't buy a double stroller but wish I had as he often didn't want to walk especially when he got tired. Tried using a sling for bub which would have solved the issue but she never really liked being in them very long, tried lots of different ones. So we did lots of swapping over!! When he needed a push I had to carry her or use the sling if she'd cooperate . He's almost 3.5 yrs now and still wants to sit in the pushchair a fair bit.

I think it's something you can work out when bub is here though as yours may be very happy in a sling when the pushchair is occupied!! Or your older child may be happy walking more than mine. Don't spend hundreds without giving it a go first imo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    really depends on the nature of your kids and what sort of things you do with your kids. do you like using a carrier?

first time i had a 21 month gap, by 2 years my dd wasn't keen on the pram, but also wanted to run run run. so, if i didn't have a hand free, i kinda needed her in the pram to keep her safe. i got a pram with a toddler seat, but didn't use it as a double very many times.

this time i have a 25 month gap, 2 year old ds also wants to run run run and has less sense than dd did! i use a carrier for baby lots, and strap the toddler in and avoiding stopping for him to climb out. i recently got a 'skateboard' on the back of the pram for him to ride on, which so far has been successful. he enjoys it more than the pram, i can have baby in the pram, and toddler is still contained more than if he was on his feet.

my older child is now able to walk safely without constant hand holding . some kids get there earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Like PPs have said, it really depends on your toddler. I have 21 months between my two and my double pram is a lifesaver. I alternate between it and my ergo/ single stroller.

DS1 is now 28 months and still isn't a big fan of walking when we're out. I also can't trust him to stand next to me at the car whilst I get his brother in or out. So I need to have somewhere safe to put him.

You'll be fine with a carrier to start with though, you could wait until bub is here and see if you need a double then.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd will be 2y7m when I'm due, but luckily I had the strider plus so have purchased a second seat just in case. DD is a runner so not so much her wanting to get in pram, although there will be times where she will still nap in the stroller but she's a runner and I can't afford her running off with a bubba even in a carrier.

On the other hand my friend has been borrowing my pram since we've just been using a stroller and her son was 2y3m when her second arrived and she was fine without a second seat. But she mainly only goes to the park or his activities and does shopping etc when her hubby is home where I like to meet people at the shops, and often go out during the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3.5 year old still sometimes likes the pram. Mine are 2 years apart and I have a side by side and a city select. They are both awesome and used heaps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't use a pram a lot once the kids turn 2, so I wouldn't get a double.