+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping sounds exactly like my 4&1/2 month old DD even thou she's been having a bottle of EBM at least once a day since she was in hospital, she still fights it every single time and much prefers to be breast fed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Feeding, no idea. But with my first I bled for months. The culprit was the mini pill. I had surgery and all and gyno answer was pill to blame. Stopping and then restarting bf no difference. Please get it checked...I ended up with pnd. As far as getting bf baby to take bottle ....I found tommee tippe natural ones good fir no 3. But still hard to get her used to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try a Medela teet, I was told by a lactation consultant they are closest to breast. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh DP got home last night and tried the avent natural this morning after another 12 hour sleep and she just screamed and pushed it out of her mouth wth her tongue, he soon lost his patience and I tried and still nothing!

Yeh it's the mini pill causing it, I've had tests and scans and nothing is wrong so that's what they've said and I have the normal pill to start on as soon as I can get her to take formula!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As PP said it could be worth trying a different brand of formula as they can taste quite different. I would start with the cheap ones (SMA & Heinz Nurture) as then you're not trying out $35 cans just to discover it makes no difference.

With my mixed fed DS, sometimes he would get upset at the bottle and cry until he would get booby. I would attach him and then after about a minute of let down I would push the bottle teat into the corner of his mouth (breaking the seal a bit like the 'Pantley Pulloff') and then, as he already had his sucking rhythm going, I could remove the nipple and he would just keep sucking on the bottle. Could be worth a try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    can you stop the minipill for awhile and use condoms and see what happens.

the minipill often causes excess bleeding, and it may be the cause rather than any natural hormonal issue